What's your FAVORITE to do list app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Doju, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Toodledo by far. I used Remember the Milk and didn't care for it.

3. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I think Things is by far the best I have ever used. Can synch with desktop version, which is set to ship by Macworld Expo (20% off coupon available now).

I paid for Things after spending $20 on the Omnifocus app, which I simply did not like as much. :)

4. TheBearman macrumors 6502

5. rperalta macrumors 6502

I use:

Todo by Appigo, it syncs with Toodledo, which you can enter your tasks online from any computer (Windows, Mac, etc.).

6. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

What do you guys like about those vs Remember the Milk? Their interfaces aren't very impressive.

7. rperalta macrumors 6502

The interface for the RTM iPhone app is not that good for my taste. I think they lost the GTD style.

8. RED™ macrumors regular

RED™

One more vote for Appigo's ToDo. I love it and don't regret those 10 bucks ;)

9. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Checklist

It is a very simple app, and it is free. I do not use my to do list everyday. With checklist I add a new to do item, and it keeps a running count of my to do's as a badge on the icon. You can tap the item once to mark it as complete, or remove it.

Nothing fancy, but this was the to do app I was looking for.
    perfect! :apple:

10. NicolasV1 macrumors newbie

Well it is a good question.

I have personally bought every big todo app for the iPhone, Omnifocus, Things, RTM, Todo ect.

Todo I think has the worst UI of the bunch. I know a lot of people love it but I personally don´t get that, maybe because I don´t use Toodledo. It has some smart functions though like the way you can add new actions quickly.

Things is by far the prettiest of them all but IMO it is overly simple and CC has been waaaay too slow to implement basic functions like tags and areas. I know that they have just sent an update out that implements tags but it should have been out long ago. Still even with tags I think that it is too basic, no sub projects, no sub contexts, no use of location and no way to use Next Action.

RTM has almost all of the functions needed, except that you have to mark your next actions yourself which is a hazzle IMO. Apart from that it is very snappy and it syncs flawlessly. I have been using it since it came out. I would really like it if you could tweak your projects so that it would point out next actions itself.

Omnifocus is by far the most powerful with tons of options for tweaking so that it fits your needs. It automates next actions. It is a little slower to work with though, especially the sync process is really slow, and it can take quite a lot of time.

I am personally struggling with deciding if I should use Omnifocus or RTM as they both have pro and cons.

11. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

I haven't tried Omnifocus or Things due to their lack of online or email backup. I prefer RTMs interface but miss Appigos filter function. In the end, I'll probably end up with SmartTime once they've got their monthview calendar update. I just prefer seeing my events and to-dos in the same place.

12. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

13. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Omnifocus uses mobileme for backup and things will soon be doing the same..

14. hhlee macrumors 6502

15. .adam macrumors regular

For basic list-making (shopping list etc.) - Zenbe Lists.

For more GTD-related tasks - Things.

16. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'm also looking for a good to-do/project application. I need one that also has a web interface so I can type things in at work from my PC :( , and have it sync with my IPhone at some point. Some of the apps I've looked at seem very expensive, like RTM. Does Toodledo have the ability to add entries on the web and later sync to your phone? Thanks!

17. fasttech macrumors newbie

Do any of these apps have sub-projects (or lists within lists)? I have Things and I like it, I just wish it had sub-project capability.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

19. NicolasV1 macrumors newbie

Omnifocus has sub-projects, that is one of the reasons why I think that it is better.

20. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I've tried Appigo's ToDo, RTM, Things and Omnifocus and Omnifocus is definitely my favorite.

21. rperalta macrumors 6502

It's too bad that it only works with Mac (not Windows).

22. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

23. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

+1, review on my site

Zym