All iPads What's your favorite way to hold your iPad? Body position

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Soulweaponry, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

Sometimes I'll lay on the couch and get all fidgety and repositioning myself every 2 minutes because I just can't seem to get comfortable! My favorite position remains: iPad on the floor in my bedroom at the head of the bed, propped up a bit with smart over and part of my top half hanging down over it. This is the way I'm typing right now and I love it.

What's your favorite?

2. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I actually prefer portrait.

Only if I'm at a table I'll use my iPad Cover for landscape viewing, but my preferred viewing angle is portrait.

In portrait, much easier for swiping in apps.. Just my opinion.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Like this...in it's case, on my bed...mostly at night, and in the early mornings if I can't sleep due yo pain.

Attached Files:

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

leaning up against a wall or couch with legs up so iPad is angled perfectly in landscape.

5. cynics macrumors G3

Laying down with my head propped up a bit. Holding the iPad using my propped up legs as support. Sound ridiculous when I try to explain it but I don't look too weird trust me.

Generally I try to AirPlay most things when possible and just get into a normal TV watching position...

Boy don't we have it rough? It's embarrassing to even talk about things like this with everything else going on in the world. "Oh you don't have a place to live or sleep? I hear ya, my arms go numb sometimes when I'm laying around my house watching movies and browsing the web."

6. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

For me it is portrait, unless I am watching a video/TV as well as some games.

7. Kaye Star macrumors newbie

Kaye Star

8. sammy-boy macrumors regular

I prefer portrait, though I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard I use it in landscape mode on. I have a 'tablet tray' too which is a small lap tray with a slot for a tablet at the back. Tend to use portrait mode mainly on that too.

9. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Laying in bed and holding the iPad with just 2 fingers

10. kristalsoldier macrumors regular

kristalsoldier

Portrait...since I am using for reading. On the rare occasion that I use it to look for something online, then in landscape.

11. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Personally I like the cases that have the hand strap. They are worth their weight in gold for my uses!! :D Makes life so much easier when holding a device regardless of what mode you, landscape etc. Most of the time I lay in bed on my side with my hand through the hand strap using my thumb to turn pages if I am reading. Also use a pillow as a prop to rest my hand and arm on.

12. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Amusing to see people completely misread such a simple post. The OP is not asking if you prefer your iPad in portrait or landscape orientation, he is asking your favorite body position to hold your iPad. I have no favorite position - whatever seems most comfortable at the moment.

13. HEK, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Laying flat on my back, iPad Air held in landscape thumb along bottom edge, forefinger along side making a sort of tripod. Rest of fingers wrapped around back. Tilting iPad slightly to center weight in Palm of hand. Have Apple case on the Air to add grip and cover edges. Alternating hands as one gets fatigued.

Alternate method, laying in bed on my side with iPad locked in landscape laying on left side propped up against bunched up comforter. Always laying on my left side.

14. meistervu macrumors 65816

Just bought one of these

Levo iPad holder:

[​IMG]

I have been reading a lot lately on my iPad, so I got one for my sofa. I may consider using one for my desk as well. It's currently on sale for almost half off. There is a floor stand model, but it's a lot more than I want to pay right now.

I have been thinking about something like this since the days of reading hard cover books. It seems to me that the best way to hold these things is not to hold it at all. It's not that an iPad is heavy, but by not holding it or having it popped up on your lap you have the freedom to shift around. For me that's important because I can't sit still - also I think it's better for my body to change position more often and it's easier to do if I don't have to hold the iPad.

No, I am not lazy. I go out for 40 mile bike rides. Play tennis for hours. It's just that when I relax, I really want to relax.