What's Your Favorite Wireframing Tool?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Yamcha, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Hi Guys,

Just curious as to what you designers use for wire framing? I'm trying to find the perfect application for wire framing, low & high fidelity, I honestly hate having to use a pencil & paper :p..

Any applications that you guys can recommend?

Appreciate your time :]

Thanks!

2. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

3. JCL macrumors member

I find either pencil and paper for quick wire framing because I can go through 10-20 rough ideas before settling on the top 3. Then I would either go straight into photoshop with black boxes or waste a day or two testing random "productivity" tools around the web before resorting to photoshop due to time frames.

My favorite tool I have tried is HotGloo (http://www.hotgloo.com), but its time consuming at first (I suppose it gets faster once you master it).

4. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

I use Omnigraffle. Its great for wireframes, site maps, and flow charts. Theres also lots of stencils you can download for different UI elements.

5. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I've been using Balsamiq for about a year now. It's cheap and incredibly easy to use.

6. mwilloam macrumors newbie

7. newagemac macrumors 68020

I use both Axure and Adobe Fireworks. If I want to brainstorm and demonstrate the information architecture, functionality, interactivity, and jquery effects, I use Axure. If I want to dive deeper into the visual design and for higher fidelity, I use Fireworks.

Sometimes I use Axure exclusively. Sometimes I start in Axure and use graphics created in Fireworks to take the designs in Axure to higher fidelity, and sometimes (rarely) I start in Fireworks and skip Axure depending on the budget of the client.

These two tools are on the expensive side but it doesn't really get any better than this.

8. turbobass macrumors 6502

+1 Omnigraffle ... Lucid was cool but lacking a lot of the features that Omni had, opted not to continue with it even though the browser-ness / cloud-ness of it was pretty cool (but ultimately useless).