What's your favourite email client?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Whackintosh, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Whackintosh macrumors 6502

Whackintosh

I've had a MBP for a while, but have only recently (as in yesterday!) severed my Windows umbilical and switched my main work machine - IE my dekstop - over to OSX via a 21.5 Imac. I've always used Thunderbird for email on my PC but am wondering if Mail might be best for OSX. Or.. something else? I'd love to hear feedback from you guys as to your preferred email client. I just want something stable, well-integrated and with strong filtering options.

2. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I prefer Mail.app over Thunderbird, but I don't use either. I use Google Apps and run all my domains via one Google Apps account and access my mail via the web or my iPhone.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I use Mail. I would use Thunderbird or Outlook if I was working with a PC though.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I use Apple Mail exclusively. I used to use Thunderbird but it annoyed me so I switched over. If I did more of my work on the PC side I would definitely consider switching over (on both the PC and the Mac) because using the same e-mail client on both platforms does have its advantages.

5. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

Since this is for a work machine, I'll ask if you need Exchange support? If you do, are you running Snow Leopard? If you do need Exchange support and are running SL (and your Exchange servers are running Exchange 2007), Apple Mail is a good fit. If you do need Exchange support and are not running SL, you will need to use Entourage if you want all of the calendaring stuff to work.

If you just need a simple POP or IMAP client, Apple Mail and Thunderbird are both good choices.

I was running Apple Mail at home and Entourage at work until we got upgraded to SL. Then I tried Apple Mail and it did everything I needed for mail and calendaring while integrating into the exchange servers, so I dumped Entourage.

6. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I'm very happy with mail, it does a fine job for me at usually putting the proper mail into the spam folder--and offers plenty of filtering options for my needs.

7. sharkync macrumors regular

I just use gmail. It can be a little clunky at times, but overall it's fine.

8. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Mail, pretty much exclusively. Sometimes it doesn't play well with Hotmail, but handles my Gmail accounts like a champ. I have 5 email accounts, so Mail is a must.

9. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Apples mail program

I have used -

Thunderbird, Outlook express, Entourage, IncrediMail

I prefer mail on the computer rather than web based. That way, I can compose, ect when not on-line.

10. jon08 macrumors 65816

I use Entourage and I'm pretty happy with it. It offers a greater variety of options and settings than Apple Mail does, plus its interface looks neater than the simplistic interface of Apple Mail - well, in my book at least. ;)

11. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Mail for my Exchange accounts and Thunderbird for my other IMAP/POP accounts.

12. celticpride678

I love the Mail client that comes with Mac OS X. Simple, fast and stable.