What's your first month's iPhone bill?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by animenick65, Aug 11, 2008.

1. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Well many of you who got a new 3G iphone on day one should be getting their bills in this week. I'm new with AT&T and my bill is $210 including activation and such. I'm on the basic plan with unlimited texts. Does that seem high for a first months bill? Post your total first months cost!

2. Moomba macrumors regular

I believe it is that AT&T bills for the coming month, not the prior one. However, in the case of a new customer you must pay for the current month and the month ahead. At least that is what I am 90% certain I have been seeing.

3. johata3 macrumors regular

Did anyone get the pro-rated charges on their bill?

4. animenick65 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got the prorated charges as well. Wish this was told to me at the apple store when I signed up.

5. johata3 macrumors regular

At least the AT&T guy told me that this only happens in the first month. I'll probably get a satisfying number next time on my next bill. :)

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Yup, that's what happened to me. Prorated AT&T amount for first month + AT&T second month + AT&T activation fee + prorated Helio last month + Helio ETF = :(

7. tritonj macrumors 6502a

is this everyone's first cell phone or something? why is everyone so surprised by their first bill, there is nothing new, billing has always been done this way. first month is a pro-rated bill plus the next full bill.

8. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

9. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

No, many providers (such as my last one, Helio) charge *after* the month and not before it. Which makes more sense, because then when you make that $100 call to Fiji, it shows up on the invoice for the month you made the call, not the month after.

10. yadmonkey macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

Exactly. Just got a $242 shocker. Not only do the pre-charge you for the next month, but the due date for the payment is before that billing cycle is even over. It's basically a glorified pre-payed plan. I find this to be of poor taste, but not surprising in corporate America.

11. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

No. The due date is before they start the next billing cycle. Most companies that have a steady charge do this, Comcast, Charter, Verizon Telephone, Verizon Internet, Dish Network, DirectTV, Embarq, my rent, etc. I am always paying for the next month's rent, not the previous month.

As for the activation fee, I'd call about that, as I believe that Activation is actually included in the price (since it is compulsory), at least that is what other threads have been saying.

TEG