What's your hobby?

macfem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Before I had a child I used to have a 300g Reef Tank...all my extra time (and money
) went into that...now I just seem to work (my own business). Do any of you have hobbies?

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Photography. Haven't had as much time for artsy fartsy stuff with kids around (lots and lots of snap shot though). One of these days I'll have to round up the wife & kids, take them out to the park and shoot them...with my camera off course. I want to do some family portraits.

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
I also keep an aquarium. (freshwater, heavily planted) It is almost too much work to make it look presentable at least 10 hours of my week are consumed by that thing. I almost wish that I could sell the darn thing. Anybody want to buy a 75 gallon aquarium?

dmr727

macrumors G3
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I write pointless code on obscure hardware. Lately I've been (poorly) playing the piano again.

I make a conscious effort to get outside though, and in those cases it's usually basketball, hiking, or riding a mountain bike.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Astronomy. I recently upgraded to a nicer scope, but unfortunately the weather has been more uncooperative than pleasant the past couple of weeks.

AngryApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2008
School. As much as I hate the darn place, I get a helluva lot of enjoyment out of getting nice grades. I also like the satisfaction of making a project pretty.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Photography used to be my hobby until my girls were born. While I still take pictures, its really only of them. I used to dedicate a lot of time, energy and money in the hobby but now my focus is spending time with them.

I also run daily, though I'm not sure if you want to call it a hobby or my fear of staving off obesity. :eek:

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Unfortunately school right now. When I have had a break it is just doing the normal things, tv, internet and sleep.

The newest hobby would be gambling I guess. Moved from Seattle to Philly, Atlantic City is only 63 miles away!

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
To many to list:

Collecting Comic Books
Collecting Action Figures (Star Wars and 1/6 various figures)
Photography (Both me and wife do this one together!)
Computers
Graphics
Drums
Music
Movies

:)

Aeolius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2002
Dungeons & Dragons, saltwater aquariums, playing music, 3D graphics apps, writing, and tending to the critters on my hobby farm... when I'm not working or helping my wife with our 7 kids, that is.