what's your iOs 6 update experience so far ?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Subu, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Subu macrumors regular

Jan 10, 2013

I updated today... Can't see any major change .... but VERY relieved that many apps are working normal

I did some calling, VOIP, browsing, etc etc ...all fine so far

Seems to run a *little* faster than before ...but that may be just me *thinking* so for I've done no great tests

What's your experience been ??
  2. arefbe macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2010
    Word for word, my experience
  3. jtbgtrpl macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2013
    Albania, La Guajira, Colombia
    After upgrading, my phone was randomly shutting down after going into lock screen mode. At first, I thought it was a battery issue, but if you plugged USB into computer, it would not shut down. I finally did a hard reset and so far so good no other issues. (knock on wood)
  4. EMJR macrumors newbie

Aug 23, 2011
    Aurora IL. USA
    Was going well until

I cant log into the app store to get any apps.:confused:
    But everything else till now was working fine..
  5. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Jul 27, 2012
    Hollywood, CA
    My 4S was jailbroken on 5.1.1 before I updated.

I am having no problems what so ever with 6.1. If anything the phone feels snappier, ESPECIALLY Safari.

Battery seems strong, no crashing, no glitches.

Cannot wait for evasi0n.
  6. Sital macrumors 68000

May 31, 2012
    New England
    My iPhone 5 updated with no problems.

My iPad 4 was a different story. I got an error during the update and ended up having to put it in DFU mode and restore. The update worked fine the second time.
  7. NJFP macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2009
    iP5 updated fine, it does seem a little bit "snappier." Safari is a rocket now.

However...... some have reported that they don't have any more problems sending texts, well today I had a TON of problems trying to send pics to my wife. We were both on WiFi. Three pics I took of the dogs in the snow. Try again, try again, try again. FINALLY, it said they sent. She never got them!! Resent AGAIN, and they came thru.

Other than that one little hiccup, no issues to report.
  8. Darkhrse99 macrumors regular

Jan 24, 2013
    New Mexico
    My screen still dimmed today when I was on the phone, so apparently that's not fixed..
  9. dazed macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2007
    My iPad 2 didn't fair very well. Doing a full restore now :(
  10. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Feb 1, 2010
    My iPhone 4 seems to be faster... Is it just a feeling or can someone else confirm that?
  11. user418 macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2010
    Update installed easily. No known issues. AS downloads seem to be faster.
  12. iHailCarlo macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2012
    So far so good! Seems a bit faster for some things.
  13. Iphone4sinwhite macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2011
    Updated the 4s and one of the 5s. The 4s had normal update, the 5 was stuck on "verifying update" for a while and then restarted and it was updated. It never had a progress bar or time left? Is this normal?
  14. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Feb 26, 2008
  15. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2012
    Battery life is so much better or right back where it should be. 6.0.2 was killing it.