What's your iPhone 5 set up?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by beastmode16, Dec 28, 2012.

1. beastmode16 macrumors regular

Just a little curious about how everyone has there iPhones set up. Such as what cases you use and screen protectors. Try to include is much info about your set up as possible.

2. Doomzday Jezus macrumors newbie

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Phone: White iPhone 5
    Screen protector: Bodyguardz Pure
    Case: White Pinlo Slice

Attached Files:

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Can't figure out how to put all photos in one post.

Attached Files:

5. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

The back showing the white Pinlo case.

Attached Files:

6. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Metal Slim Bumper: (Gunmetal)
    Spigen Glas.tR Screen Protector
    Spigen Aluminum Home Button (black)
    Spigen Matte Back Film Protector

Yeah, I like Spigen products.

7. Harrycooke macrumors 6502

Harrycooke

8. beastmode16 thread starter macrumors regular

You got a solid set up lol. Couldn't agree with you more spigen products are top notch.

----------

Where did you get that home button?

9. tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

Brick, why? Why even have an iPhone if you choose to completely cover it?

----------

Currently spigen neo hybrid ex slim in soul black, no screen or back protection. On order, spigen ultra thin air in crystal clear. I like havin options!

10. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Because he gets his phone to use it for what it's intended to be -- a phone! Not to sit and stare and marvel at it's aesthetic beauty all day. God forbid that he protects it!

11. kampongkid macrumors regular

Power support bumper (black)
    Bodyguardz Pure screen protector
    Spigen aluminum home button (black)
    Spigen matte rear protector

I was going to switch out the rear protector with the one that I got with my PS bumper since its one piece, but I'll probably hold off until something happens to the current one.

12. DedrabbiT macrumors newbie

How do you like the Power Support Bumper?
    Your setup sounds like my dream one. Haha. Do you have any pics?

13. kampongkid, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

kampongkid macrumors regular

I've had a spigen neo hybrid ex (non-slim) and Draco bumper before and this one easily beats them out. The Draco looked great, but hurt my signal and felt awkward in hand. The spigen was glossy which I didn't care for and on the bulky side. I can't comment on how the slim compares to this as I didn't get one. Also, the audio jack on those is only big enough for apple products or the like.

Sorry, I got a bit off track there. Point is this is the first case I've had no issues with. It wasn't cheap to import, but I'm really picky about my iPhone accessories- so to me it was definitely worth it.

Fit is very snug. Front lip is flush with my pure so probably a bit raised over the actual screen. Back lip is a bit more raised than the front. Also worth noting- obviously the bumper is plastic, the lips are a hard rubber and the edges are not rounded and kind of sharp feeling. i dont really mind it. I felt inclined early on to press hard on the power button since its like its not even there. Its a non-issue with the volume buttons since there's more of a tactile feedback or 'click' when pressed and I've already gotten pretty used to it. The lack of feedback on the power button is most likely due to it being so close to the corner of the phone. Metallic color looks great and matches the slate on my phone very nicely. Audio jack opening is wider than the spigen and fits everything I've thrown at it. I don't have the lightening adaptor so I can't speak on that. Overall, it's very slim and elegant looking. If it weren't for the lip on the back it'd be easy to forget I even had a case on to begin with.

I think others have posted some. I'll try and get a few pics up myself for you, though.

14. Cosmos01 macrumors member

-Spigen Satin Silver Neo Hybrid Ex Slim Metal
    -Spigen Ultra Crystal Screen Shield (will be switching to Bodyguardz Pure soon)
    -Spigen Aluminum Home Button
    -Sticker boy Silver Carbon Fiber Mid Back
    -Sticker boy White Carbon Fiber Upper and Lower Back
    -Sticker boy Gold Brushed Aluminum Apple Logo

^All on a white iPhone 5.

I'm using the Satin Silver Neo Hybrid Ex Slim Metal until my Silver Sector 5 arrives next week. Can't wait :D

If anyone is interested in how this setup looks, feel free to let me know and I will try and post some pictures when I have a chance!

15. tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

Are you his dad? Is that why you feel the need to answer for him? I am not going to go into the brick vs the ultra thin debate, but it seems rather stupid to completely encase the iPhone, should just buy a generic android device.

16. DedrabbiT macrumors newbie

Sounds exactly what I'm looking for really. Great description too, very imformative. Thanks a lot! But yeah, pics would be great. Thanks again!

17. anizee macrumors newbie

God forbid someone use an iphone without caring about its aesthetics.

18. hafr macrumors 68030

This must be one of the strangest things I've ever read, why on earth would covering the design of the phone make it equal to a generic Android device? Did you really purchase the iPhone 5 based solely on its design? Do you think others do?

On topic: I use nothing, no screen protector or anything. If it scratches, it scratches. I don't have OCD and I'm not planning on selling it. Although I'm looking at buying a Lifeproof Fre case in order to not having to worry if the kids get a hold of it.

19. ndbarras macrumors member

Element sector 5 (First edition) with Element VZ grip backplate, SGP ultra optics screen protector, SGP aluminum home button and sticker boy extreme black matte side skins.

Attached Files:

20. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I really don't know why so many get so personal about others' choices for cases. Really if you choose to have a naked phone or full protection, that's your choice and so be it.

I have a white phone with a slim case and glass protector. That's what works best for me and I'm happy to share in case someone else also is looking for the same type of set up. But I surely don't get riled up if someone else prefers a black phone in an Otterbox. These posts that start personally attacking others over their case choices are really absurd.

21. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

My black iP5 rotates through 3 cases currently.

~ Blue OtterBox Commuter
    ~ Gunmetal Spigen Neo Hybrid EX
    ~ Military Green SwitchEasy Tones

I'm using the front and back shields that shipped with the Spigen and an orange Spigen jelly home button.

22. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

No -- because most people are more comfortable with the iOS, they're invested in Apple's ecosystem, etc. Yes, Apple has the reputation of manufacturing well designed phones, but if their software sucked, their products wouldn't sell. The minimalism of Apple's hardware is what draws me to them at first site -- but the fluidity and simplicity of iOS is what keeps me to continue using iOS products in the long run.

My point is, whether I'm his "dad" or not -- it seems rather shallow and, quite frankly, stupid to criticize someone for protecting their phone with a case claiming that it is big and ugly! At the end of the day it doesn't detract from the wonderful experience iOS has to offer.

23. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Belkin Grip Candy Sheer and a Green Onions Supply oleophobic screen protector. Also have a cheap ebay 3 piece back protector on the back.

[​IMG]

24. damant macrumors 6502

damant

Sector case
    Glas.t
    Alum button
    Sticker boy mid back

Attached Files:

25. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Speck Fabshell Burton + SGP Ultra Crystal Screen Protector