Whats your Macbook setup? (if any) Also a quick MB question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ki2594, May 9, 2008.

1. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Just wondering who has an external screen hooked up to there macbook that they use and if so what company is the display by/how many inches??
    I just wanted to know because i got my vga converter today from the apple store (along with that incase sleeve, which is great!) and i hooked it up to my acer 20" display. I also was wondering if I could make it so that the menu bar of leopard was on both screens (the acer and the macbook screen itself) if possible? Thanks!

2. Bullseye727 macrumors newbie

I'm going to go out today and get a mini dvi to dvi converter so that I can use it on my 22 inch Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (which is a great monitor by the way). I use my Macbook mostly just at my desk with a mighty mouse ($20 in craigslist), not taking advantage of its portability for the most part. I have always left it plugged in which will probably decrease the batteries lifetime by some overtime but I really haven't noticed any loss yet. It's still at 100% health and I've had it for about a month now with about 3 cycles. I use it everyday and its been great. I got the low end 2.1 model for $1100 including tax, I'm still debating whether or not it would have been worth the extra $200 for the 2 gigs ram, 2.4 ghz, dvd burner and 160 gb hd. I don't really need power in it though becuase I've got my basically Windows version of the mac pro running alongside the Macbook at my desk, I do all my gaming and gpu intensive stuff on it and then surf the web, instant message, email etc on my Macbook. I'm planning to upgrade to 4 gigs of ram for my Macbook soon through Newegg and mabye further down the line a harddrive upgrade to get 7200 rpm. I may sell it if the June Macbooks get any *major* updates which really have a true increase in performance (over 30%) but I highly doubt it. I most likely am just going to wait till the Calpella (Nehalem) chipset to upgrade. Overall, I have no complaints so far exept the fact that you don't get the full performance out of the macbook if you run it just off the power adapter, you have to have the battery in.

EDIT: I guess you were just asking for monitor set ups lol

3. Qwest905 macrumors 6502

Qwest905

i have a mini-dvi to dvi ..

and i connect it to my dell 24" 2407WFP-HC

and to run dual screens ..you only have an option of running MIRRORING or dual screen mode

4. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No see, i don't want the same thing on the other screen. I want the menu bar only on both screens if possible?