What's your non-iPhone phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raymondu999, Nov 17, 2013.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Just curious. Forthose who carry more than one phone, or carry one phone and it's not an iPhone, what do you carry, and why?

I myself have a BlackBerry Q10. While I "use" my iphone more - browsing, apps, etc - my Q10, thanks to its keyboard it is my communicator. Emails, long messages, all get crafted on my Q10, while pretty much all other phone functions get used through my 5S

2. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. bigcstyle4, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

For work, I have an LG Accolade which was provided by my job. It's a terrible phone but has survived for 3 years so far after being dropped countless times, slid across pavement, etc.

4. eyoungren, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Until about a month ago I was carrying my old HTC Touch Pro. That was the phone I used for three years before my iPhone 5.

Windows Mobile Professional 6.1. 8GB Micro SD card. Highly modified to run Sense 2.1 w/Weather. Sense is what HTC Android phones run. Had a clear flipclock with weather on my homescreen. Added a bunch of stuff that allowed me to upload to Facebook and Youtube, customized GUI, the way I wanted it. All done with CAB files.

Good enough to fool Sprint techs into thinking I was running Android on a non-stock ROM. Phone was a tank and took drops like a pro-wrestler. When I parted with it last month it was still going strong. Now it's doing the job for a guy in Texas who wanted to keep his Sprint SERO (employee) plan and I'm happy that someone else can still put it to good use.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      769.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
  5. Ctguy macrumors member

I will be getting google nexus 5 soon. (Ordered couple weeks ago)

6. noobinator macrumors 601

I have a 32gb black Nexus 5 in an awesomely bright yellow bumper case.

7. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone here use the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One?

8. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I had a GS4...3 months later I was back with the iPhone.

9. manishans macrumors member

:D:D Mine is a Nokia 101, battery lasts at least a week and its a dual sim! and has a mp3 player too with a 32GB microSD :D:D

A superb backup phone! Only Calls, SMS and music! ;)

10. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I have an S3, mostly just use it for watching YouTube/Netflix and certain apps and games that are only on Android. Put it up for sell on Craigslist then had second thoughts, it's just gonna be my backup/rainy day gadget or might hand it down to a family member.

11. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

12. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

For me - iPad with talkatone app/google voice.

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I know people who have a personal phone and a work phone but its rare these days. There are those who have a phone for their wife and one for their girlfriend, but that's a different story lol. :p

I wouldn't want more than one phone.

14. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Heh. I don't actually do one work one home. It's just that I do enough emailing and texting on the go that warrants me having a BlackBerry wherever I go. My BlackBerry is my "text communicator" - and everything else is done on the iPhone.

15. lexvo macrumors 65816

I have a 5 year old Nokia 3310 classic for work :)

16. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have a Blackberry Z10. I still like the Blackberry and have since it first came out. It is a shame the company has faltered in the past several years. I use my Z10 when I am on call as an EMT and am less concerned about it getting damaged. It also contains all my contacts I require when on call. This way I can keep work and personal separate.

17. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

Legendary phone, no doubt. I had it. What a highly durable phone!

18. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

19. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

The days of carrying two phones are gone. Pagers, gone.

20. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I wouldn't say that. Depends what one does for their living/job or businesses they own/run that they want separated from their 'personal' phone.

My wife and I own an iPhone 5 (her) 5s (me) as our personal, daily drivers
    We also both own Notes, her the Original Galaxy Note, I traded mine in for the '3' (kept my original) and returned it to AT&T in two weeks---went back to my Note 1. I'm surprised how Samsung is bloating up their 'edition' of Android with TouchWiz....and so far, next to impossible to root it and apply a custom ROM. They're very convenient when signing contracts, running credit cards, showing video/stills and content from our shows, etc. They're getting less and less use, hence the reason I returned the Note 3. I don't want to be tied to another two years on it. The iPad Mini has taken the place of Register/Square's system and contracts through Pages works well.
    I also owned the Galaxy S3, traded in for the Note initially and the Xoom as well as both Nexus Tablet 7" models. I've still got the Xoom...both Nex7s are gone as is my wife's Note 1. My full contract is up---and I'm considering, as we DO need a business phone...giving Android one more try
    Considering the HTC One or the new Nexus 5

J

21. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

HTC One.

22. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

My work phone is a Samsung S3...but I do work for Samsung. I must admit I was quite nervous when I first started there and used to hide my iPhone.

And before anyone thinks I'm only here to dis Apple, I own a rMBP, Mac mini, iPhone 5s, iPad 1, Apple TV, Time Capsule...

23. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

I've always wondered how it's like to be using an iPhone if you're working for other mobile phone brands, especially Samsung. :D

24. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Rugged and reliable back up for calls ;)

Attached Files:

25. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr