Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think it's ok to have songs as ringtones?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2004
Of course, this all assumes one can put one's own ringtones on a phone (*cough* Samsung Hue *cough*). I have my phone on vibrate most of the time anyways.

I don't mind song-based ringtones most of the time. Some can be annoying, but others can be fun. I remember when someone's Mario Bros ringtone went off in the middle of class, everyone (including the professor) had a good laugh.

MotleyPete

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Blighty
Musical ringtones are for kids who are at that difficult age when they generally think the whole world is all about them, so that's understandable, I suppose, but when adults have musical ringtones I usually feel like grabbing the phone and smashing it into their sad little eyes.

Never do though .... never do...

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
My ringtone is the intro for The Impression That I Get by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

I like it, and it's distinguishable.

But then like a lot of people, my phone is on vibrate 99% of the time. My text alert is just a beep.

Having songs as text alerts, now that is wrong.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
It's fine as long as it's sufficiently awesome.

I have a hixxy remix of Set You free by N-trance for unknown callers and Put a Donk on It by the blackout crew for known callers, it kicks in right at the "you know what you wan to with that?" part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.