Whats your opinion on Calendar?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Tar Sniffer, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Tar Sniffer macrumors 6502

For many people, Calendar is one of the most used Apps, so I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the new layout in Mavericks?

As someone that only uses the Month view, I'm having trouble getting use to it. The Calendar in ML was a lot more rigid and clunky, but the boxed sqaures helped me find information faster, and overall felt more coordinated. 10.9's Calendar seems to suffer iOS 7 syndrome, where it's over simplification makes information feel unstructured and overwhelming. I would kill for a box around each date, to be able to remove the first week of the following month, and the annoying red line which highlights the current week. I don't mind the change to vertical scrolling (although it is unnecessary), but I would rather it snapped to the next month rather than slide halfway between two months. Here's hoping they change the behaviour and allow some basic customisation in the coming 10.9.X releases.

2. Deguello macrumors 6502

I like it better, mostly because it will do the partial view of consecutive months, rather than just one month at a time.

It does snap the next or previous month, at least when I swipe-scroll on my trackpad.

3. Tar Sniffer thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I played around with the scrolling and got it working. I was doing it way to slow before.

4. josh.b macrumors regular

5. dmj102 macrumors 6502

I would like to see a box around the date with a darker line. It was helpful to find info faster. The red thick line is annoying. Better distinctions between the months would definitely be helpful. Toning down the glaring white would be a real bonus.

6. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I like it better. It still "snaps" like usual but you can stop at any point you like. I like the travel time feature (even though in order to get it to work I had to delete my home address so only my dorm address was left on my contact). I like the maps and weather integration. It's just all better.

Only thing I would like is if you could choose which address you use for travel time.

7. seinman macrumors regular

The only thing I miss is the Today button on the top left.

8. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Switched to BusyCal about 2 years ago and love it!! It's not cheap but it provides a lot more options on layout and text/fonts. I do like the Day View in iCal a bit better but that's it.

9. Deguello macrumors 6502

The Today "button" is still there. Or do just miss the buttony look?

10. youtubin macrumors newbie

I like it way better. Cleaner and just overall nicer. Also, I like the colors :)

11. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

much better, and so much easier to add & edit events...

12. seinman macrumors regular

Honestly, until you just pointed out that it exists, I never noticed it there. I probably would have if it was still a button. Thanks!