Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Amsterdam
Hi everyone,

My name is Merel (24) and I'm an app developer from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We recently launched Replay My Day, an automatic diary app for your iPhone and are interested in your opinion.

Replay My Day tracks where you've travelled in a day, and automatically adds your photos, Calendar items, Tweets and Facebook posts to the map, right where you posted them. At the end of your day, press Replay to relive your adventures, from a bird's eye point of view.

The app runs in the background so even without any input, it can create a beautiful visual record of your day. You can travel back in time with the click wheel to relive those days of yore, check your alibi or find out how you ended up in de dumpster the next morning wearing nothing but a pink dress and a pair of sunglasses… ;)

Screen-shot-map-view.png
Screen-shot-list-view-2.png

Check out more details, screen shots and videos on: www.replaymyday.com or on the product page in the App Store

I'm curious about your experience with Replay My Day. What do you like and what should be improved? Had you heard of Replay My Day before? What should definitely be included in the next update?

Let me know!

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Why does it seem like that would bypass all security standards in iOS? lol.

I'm confused at how that could possibly track those things. Pictures, calendar events, ect.

edit: But the idea is fun and creative. I can imagine this would be really nice on a rooted Android phone, or jailbroken iPhone. Then it could track basically everything. Amount of time you spent using specific apps, when you used the apps, and all sorts of other things.

Of course that'd be ignoring the fact that it'd be insanely insecure and you'd really want to trust the developers. But still, nice idea!

merel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Amsterdam
Hi Yumunum,

Thanks for your reply and don't worry about security issues. Everything happens inside the app, nobody else can see your movements. All the location data Replay My Day collects, is stored locally on the iPhone itself and is in no way shared to make sure your privacy is protected.

FreshAntiques

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2012
I don't know if that's what Yum meant; but it's good to hear :)

Picture and ical importing are facilitated in iOS so that's not an issue.

I like the suggestion on the Android front (jailbroken iphones just seem like too small a market to me, but I could be wrong)

Btw, love the concept and just bought the app, kudo's!

merel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Amsterdam
Thanks that's great to hear FreshAntiques, hope you enjoy Replaying :)

You're absolutely right, if you jailbreak it you could track pretty much anything. The Quantified Self community/selftrackers have already been experimenting with it, like this guy Emmanuel Gadenne.

And with the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 the market for iOS has become quite a bit bigger, don't you think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.