Whats your perfect iPhone GPS app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by wowipod, Aug 17, 2009.

1. wowipod macrumors regular

Combining any features from current GPS apps out there what would be your perfect GPS app?

Mine

3D from Copilot
    IQ routes from TomTom
    UI from CoPilot
    Maps from Sygic (most upto date for my area)
    Speed from Sygic

To be far I haven't tried Navigon or TomTom properly but those are my choices.

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I just bought Where To? yesterday and it looks pretty slick. Other than that I just use the built in maps.

3. converge macrumors member

Street names from iGO

4. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Well before TomTom came out Navigon was the best gps app and now that TomTom is out, I am almost certain it is as good or better then Navigon. You should get one of these 2 if you want to find the "perfect" gps app :p

5. wowipod thread starter macrumors regular

I already have the GPS app of my choice, but I was just looking to see what people wanted in a GPS app.

6. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

98% Navigon (and all it's features/user interface)
    1% iGo My Way 2009 (just for the clarity of text)

1% watching the competition to see if there's something better to use

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have tried them all, Navigon, Sygic, TomTom, CoPilot, IGO, G-Maps and I would have to pick CoPilot. I'm deleting all the rest and just keeping CoPilot. It has the best looking maps and the most detail in my opinion of course.

8. edmartin macrumors member

I'm with wowipod on the Copilot & TomTom comments (haven't tried Sygic).

I would also add "voice" as an advantage of Copilot.

I'm really looking forward to the fine-tuning that the GPS guys put into this. I think this is the first time that we have multiple good-sized organizations with histories in the industry and high-dollar apps all slugging it out.

Owning 3 of them (Navigon, Copilot & TomTom), my "v 1.0" vote is that round 1 goes to Copilot. But they all need some work.

9. iHalo macrumors regular

A GPS app that drives for me at my car's full speed, while avoiding police detection. Oh, it must also give me massages.

10. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Wow, are you guys in Europe because I tried the American co-pilot and their POIs, maps, routing, and UI (no querty keyboard FTL!) was terrible compared to Navigon/TomTom. I also, found a couple of bugs. I know you get what you pay for but it was pretty bad IMO.