What's your plans for Friday - In Store Pick Up (Preordered on launch day)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbpharoh, Sep 14, 2016.

1. mbpharoh macrumors member

Didn't see a main thread created for this.

For those who preordered and selected in store pick up for Friday. What are your plans? Calling sick? Told your boss a crazy story? Let's hear it.

Unfortunately for me, my pick up window is at 8:00PM so hopefully the line has died down but I won't be able to play with it early.

2. Anawrahta macrumors member

8:30PM because work. Do you think there will be a line? I'd imagine if the store has any stock to sell at launch it would be gone as soon as they open. There might still be a higher than normal volume of people trying to see if they can check out the demo models. But yeah hopefully the evening will be quieter.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

My reservation window is 8:00am-8:30am just as the store opens. Last year the process was relatively smooth (Apple Upgrade Program) and I was in the store at 8:05, out right around 8:30 and at my office about 15 minutes later. It would have been even quicker for an outright purchase. Hopefully it is the same this year. The store reps told me last year that they usually kept the reservations for 24 hours but that's not a written practice.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    If there is not a line you could try going earlier. In practice, they do the reservation windows for "crowd control"/personnel management purposes, but once the initial rush dies down they don't strictly enforce it.

4. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Preordered through Verizon but it doesn't look like my Plus is shipping earlier than 9/23. So I will be going to the Apple store to play around with the models after work Friday. I'm not desperate right now and can wait.

5. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

UPS Hub pickup at 8am will be there at 7:30am.

6. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

My plans Confirmed Sprint Order 9/16 Matte Black 7 Plus.

Going to Dadeland Mall Apple Store it's a closed in mall No Formal Apple Store line allowed on property my homie is a Security guard there will let me in 5 Minutes early at entrance away from Apple Store will be in mall 5 Minutes Before anyone else.

First in line. I didn't see a line. 7 Plus Jet Black 128 GB black box and black Apple bag swag

7. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

My window is 10:30-11 a.m. for pickup. I have no idea how it'll work at my store, since last year I was going to be at my dd's in VA on launch day so I had my 6S+ shipped to the Apple Store in VA Beach. They had a pretty good system; I'm hoping my local store will as well.