What's your preference: iPhone 4 with or without Bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blueharvester, Jul 13, 2010.

?

How do you use your iPhone 4 - with or without Bumper?

1. With

32 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. Without

25 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. blueharvester macrumors regular

Interested to know your opinions. I'm using mine at the minute with a Bumper primarily for protection. However, sometimes I think I'm being over-protective of what is, lets face it, only a consumer electronic device, albeit a luxury item. Plus, after seeing that the same damage can be done with a Bumper on, I'm edging toward using my phone bare.

Opinions?

2. Gkf9 macrumors member

I've got the Incipio feather case on mine, as much as i like it, I'm going case less as soon as my screen protectors arrive.

The phone's to nice to cover up imo.

3. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

I use it WITH the bumper, because it does help with the signal/reception issue and it provides some protection.

I never used a case with my original iPhone, my iPhone 3G, or my iPhone 3Gs. I wish I didn't have to use a case with my iPhone 4.

4. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

I got a bumper the first day cause I wanted some protection and thought that was the best thing out there.

I makes the iPhone look great IMO but I want a bit more protection so I'm still looking at cases. Waiting to see what Incase comes out with.

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

+1

I have Incase stuff for both my iPod Classic and my MacBook Pro, and I've been very happy with their products.

6. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'd vote for option #3 CASE!

I tear up too much stuff to carry it naked, and the bumper, although good looking, doesn't really look like it offers enough protection for me. I've carried my iPhone 4 in a case from day one, just as I did with my trusty 'ole 3G.

Sean

7. littleluna macrumors member

Without! I rather take that $30 and purchase the Tech21 iBand. I'm a bit disappointed that the Bumper can still ruin the phone from drops, scratches, etc. I'm leaving my baby naked but protected with the BSE until the iBand comes out.

8. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

I voted WITH bumper. I actually had my bumper off for a couple of days while I was allowing my Wrapsol skin to cure, and I missed the bumper. With the bumper on, it gives me more grip and just feels more comfortable in my hand (when texting and on calls).