What's Your Solution in Class?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HappyDude20, Sep 27, 2012.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

First day of class and the iPad seems a bit cumbersome, compared amongst a sea of MacBooks all resting easily on the little small desks attached to the chairs here at university.

What's your solution if you take your iPad to class?

Is it slanted with a smart cover? Bluetooth keyboard? Keyboard/case combo? Apple bluetooth keyboard and stand? Audio record the professor? etc?

:)

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

My daughter has both...an iPad and a MBA 11". However, she's discovered that she really prefers the all-in-one versatility of the MBA. The iPad is great for PDF reading eTextbooks, and her professors all make use of iPads in their presentations, but she finds having the keyboard always there without some weird contortions to be preferable to her.

Oddly enough....a couple of her professors do NOT allow laptops of any kind in the classroom, although iPads are encouraged. Note the emphasis on iPads...they don't allow any other tablets. I think this has more to do with the sound of keyboards clicking and, of course, their incredible egos of most college professors that just like to pass meaningless rules to inflate their own egos. Ah, the joys of tenure.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Remove the table and rest the iPad on your lap?

4. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

human kind has done just fine with a pen and notebook to take notes. generations grew up this way and they turned out just fine.

the iPad will never match the versatility of a notebook unless:

1) you have a professor who prints slides out before lecture, which then you can use Notability or another app to take notes on the PPT slides or PDF's, etc

2) your class requires an internet connected device for interactive learning (many large lectures do this to both enhance interaction and take roll for freshman students)

5. stuaz macrumors 6502

Thats a bit of a silly statement really, isn't it?:rolleyes:

6. MacDiaz macrumors member

I agree, its silly, thats like saying Cavemen were used to scratching on cave walls and they turned out just fine.

I'm not taking the piss btw ..just saying

We as humans have evolved.