Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
The Big one last night

Last night i stub my pinky toe running to the phone...oh boy the pain....then four times later that night i bump it into objects in the dark.

This morning my friend stepped on my toe TWICE:eek: ....she went to get me something to put on it and BAM! once more she did it.

My toe is RED with pain now.:(

Bless

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
I had quite my share of stupid accidents.

When I as about 8 years old, I was in my Rocky, Ninja kickass phase, I played "avoid the rocks" with my older brother and a friend.:rolleyes:

So it started out pretty good. I had some quick moves and avoided the stones they were throwing down at me while I was running uphill towards the top of the hill where they were standing.

Needles to say, the closer I got, the shorter the time got I had to react and avoid the stones. Badabing!! A big 20 cm rock hit me on my head.

I was bleeding all over the place, my mom had to take me to hospital to get me stiched back togehter.

Sometimes I wonder how I even made it trough childhood…

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
virividox said:
so just curious is it hard to drive a tractor?
Not hard at all.

tractor.jpg

exactly how fast can one of those things go, on a flat even surface? (a little of topics sorry)

so to get back on topic, i tried juggling 3 knives once. unfortunately (for this thread), but fortunately for me i didnt drop any and i didnt catch any blade side :) so i guess it was a near-stupid accident albeit self induced

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
In third grade I got a new bike.

I was a careless rapscallion so I rode it to school as fast as I could. When the day was over, I was so excited to ride it home.

I cut across this sort of dirt path that intersects with a street. Coming out of the dirt path, I had to cross the street, but instead of stopping and looking both ways like a good citizen, I just sped across at high speed (maybe 20 km/h) and ended up looking down the street (backwards) while crossing it. When I turned back around I was unconscious.

What happened was the front wheel of my bike clipped the corner of a parked car, and the rubber on the tire stopped, but the rest of the bike swung around nearly 360º and my face struck the back windshield and cracked it. I was knocked unconscious, broke my jaw in three places and shattered four teeth.

I lay unconscious in a small pool of my own blood until my friend Melissa came out of the dirt path, screamed, and ran to get help.

Two of the teeth were permanent, so right now I have a Marrion implant where my two front teeth should be. It looks completely real, but when I turn eighteen I have to get permanent implants drilled into my jawbone.

I had to go into surgery to get the teeth pulled out and had to have my mouth sewn up. I spent a week in the hospital and paid for my mistake with years and years of in-mouth retainers and trips to the orthodontist.

Look both ways.

And wear a helmet. It saved my life.

cleanup said:
In third grade I got a new bike.

I was a careless rapscallion so I rode it to school as fast as I could. When the day was over, I was so excited to ride it home.

I cut across this sort of dirt path that intersects with a street. Coming out of the dirt path, I had to cross the street, but instead of stopping and looking both ways like a good citizen, I just sped across at high speed (maybe 20 km/h) and ended up looking down the street (backwards) while crossing it. When I turned back around I was unconscious.

What happened was the front wheel of my bike clipped the corner of a parked car, and the rubber on the tire stopped, but the rest of the bike swung around nearly 360º and my face struck the back windshield and cracked it. I was knocked unconscious, broke my jaw in three places and shattered four teeth.

Look both ways.

And wear a helmet. It saved my life.

Ouch! Glad you survived it. & Chicks dig scars.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Boggle said:
Ouch! Glad you survived it. & Chicks dig scars.

Not really. =) I have three large horizontal scars on my back from when I lost my virginity (she had sharp nails)... one time my friends Katrina and Tiziana saw them and all they were was concerned. ;)

I'm kidding about getting them from sex. Heh. A guy swiped me in the back with a rake at a party.

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
Once I was riding my bike in a grass field while holding a basketball with one hand. I was holding on to the the handle bars with the other free hand. Then I hit a large clump of weeds with the front tire and I flew over the handle bars. My left knee hit the bars and I lost a nice chunk. I was a little worried when I saw some white stuff in the bloody gash (probably wasn't bone). I then rode home with one leg peddling...the other leg dripping with blood. I still have a big scar from that incident.

I've sliced myself several times with knives and X-Acto knives.

When I was really young, I touched a hot outdoor decorative garden light that was outside a restaurant. Got a big blister after much pain and suffering.

i got into an accident a couple weeks ago, i was making dinner, and was in such a hectic rush to remove the stuff from the oven because the guests were arriving, i forgot to put on the oven mittens. lets just say i dropped whatever it was i was cooking down really fast after realizing both my hands were in extreme pain!!! luckily the food didnt spill it just clanked back to the baking tray. i ran to the sink and doused my hands with cold water!!!

thats not that slow, kinda like the golf cart i used to drive before i progressed to a real car. we used to have golf cart races in our village, about 20 or so kids with their dads carts racing around the village late at night. this went on for a couple of years, till a kid crashed into a parked car and the local security rent a cops would stop kids from driving carts without adult supervision.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Was working on My powermac 9500... couldn't get the stupid hard drive out.. Got finger stuck between powersuppy and metal chassies:
The result a big cut...

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Age 4. Visiting Tesco. Refused to cooperate with mother unless I could stand in the front of the trolley. Mother stopped. Let go of handle. Trolley toppled. Chin hit tiled floor at quite a speed. 10 stitches. Pulled them out on way home from hospital. 10 more stitches. Pulled them out too. Mother fainted while driving. Luckily father took wheel and landed on verge without killing us. Third time back in hospital doctors just bandaged my face up and, from what I'm told (I can't remember it happening), tied my hands up. I am still affected by the ripping of the stitches - I can't shave properly because of the scar... :rolleyes:

I've got loads more, mainly skiing ones, but I could fill up another 10 pages with them... ...so i won't... ;)

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
Hmmm...

Well I had to get stitches for running into a brick wall, I was 3 at the time.

Though recently, about a month ago I went flying off my bike when I attempted to signal a lefthand turn.

EDIT - oh yeah I've been handcuffed by a Ball Python.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i once stapled my hand to my butt, and then managed to set my hair on fire, i'll let you think about how that couple happen before i tell you.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
Stood behind my older brother while he was swinging a (metal) baseball bat as hard as he could.

It could not have landed any more perfectly centered between my eyes.

The amount of blood coming from the top and out of my nose was absurd (it was practically hanging off, split in two between my eyes).

Beauty of a scar though :)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Plymouthbreezer said:
Haha, yeah, most people call 'em "Garden Tractors..."
Not anyone who uses 'em. We call ours the "lawn mower"...a tractor on the other hand, is much bigger, and much funner... :D

The stupidest thing I have ever done is try to pet the dog when the owner said not to pet the dog. Still have a scar on my middle finger. Always show it to people I hate... :rolleyes:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Hector said:
i once stapled my hand to my butt, and then managed to set my hair on fire, i'll let you think about how that couple happen before i tell you.
I'll guess that you sat on a stapler, felt the pain, reached down to see what it was, and got stapled again. Then, since you needed to get everyone's attention to ask for medical help, you used your other hand to set your hair on fire to make sure you'd get noticed. That's certainly what I always do when it happens to me. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.