Whats your thoughts please?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alpal0301, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Alpal0301 macrumors newbie

Alpal0301

Hi,

I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro 17inch. I am seriously considering upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave. If you would be so kind to let me know if I should or not? Apart from emails, you tube and surfing the web I don't do anything too system intensive.

Many Thanks in advance

Al ;-)

2. Stephen.R macrumors 65816

Stephen.R

Mojave isn't supported on that model. Unless you have specific reason to run it, I wouldn't bother trying to run on unsupported hardware.

3. Alpal0301 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alpal0301

With the patcher its do-able and from the threads I have read works very smooth.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Why do you need it? Your MacBook Pro suffers from graphics failure anyway so I'd want to avoid any OS that is more graphics-intensive. Plus it will run slower than the current model you have and it's not even a supported OS.

If you're only surfing the web there's absolutely no need to update. You don't need the very latest OS.

5. Alpal0301 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alpal0301

My MacBook Pro has never suffered one single problem lol. I just thought that because I'm reading threads saying that their 2008 MacBooks have never ran smoother then just maybe as mine is a 2011 then just a slight maybe, it may be fun to do and have my amazing 2011 MBP run a little smoother. Sorry I asked lol

6. Stephen.R macrumors 65816

Stephen.R

You asked for advice, we gave ours. You're free to take it or leave it.