What's your visualizer?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by 204467, Sep 11, 2008.

?

What's your visualizer?

1. Default iTunes 8

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Default iTunes 7, Classic in iTunes 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lathe, Jelly, Stix (iTunes 8 built in presets)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Third-party plugin

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

NOTE: I figured I would get more responses here, I feel like the iTunes forum is not frequented as often.

The new iTunes 8 one? The one from iTunes 7? Or one of the pre-installed ones on iTunes 8 (Lathe, Jelly, Stix)? Or do you use a plug-in?

I used to use the one from 7, when I still had it, but the main reason I downloaded 8 was for the new visualizer, my new one. What's yours?

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I much prefer the old itunes visualizer, but generally I don't use a visualizer at all because it a) winds up my fan b) distracts me utterly and completely from whatever I was doing and I wind up staring stupidly into it for an hour. ;)

3. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah...that's why I only use it when I have the time. But I still much prefer the new one.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

I've hardly ever used the ones in iTunes, but I must say that I'm liking the new one in iTunes 8.

5. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Voted, Mittens, you keep creating more and more threads :rolleyes:

6. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

If I want a visualizer I change from Fliqlo to Soundstream - it's that awesome audio-responsive screensaver. The music runs in the background.. Works great!

okay granted it's not the high-octane version you get with iTunes or 3rd-party apps, but it actually doesn't heat my system up as much, and is more responsive to the sound it seems..

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, I used to use G-Force and WhiteCap a bunch, but since 1) getting an Intel Mac, and 2) upgrading to iTunes 8, I can't use them without subscribing just for some updates. :rolleyes:
    So I've been using the new one (Magnetosphere). I really wish it could be a screensaver, because it's really sweet!

8. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So?

Is that any good? Do you have a link?

Link? I may actually use a screen saver if it does that.

What I think is interesting is that so far the poll says everyone uses iTunes 8 default, yet most people who post say they are using something else. Perhaps I was not clear enough; by default iTunes 8 I mean the improved Magnetosphere one.

9. stark2051 macrumors newbie

So I never saw the magnetosphere visualizer until it was rumored to be the iTunes 8 visualizer. I got super pumped, I thought it looked killer. Now that I have iTunes 8, I'm thoroughly bummed, it doesn't look anything like videos I saw of magnetosphere. And, you can't download it anymore, their site says it's in iTunes now. I'm just wondering, is anyone else let down? and Where can I get a mind blowing visualizer?

Edit:

Question: Could it be lame because I don't have leopard yet? or Maybe, I have a lowly 2Ghz macbook? I'm just looking for reasons, the vids of magnetosphere were wicked and what I see is weak.

10. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It might be the second reason and your computer is just struggling to display it right. Me, I think it's awesome (but I also have a 2nd gen Al iMac 2.4 Ghz, so my computer is significantly faster than yours).

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

A bit more tame than your usual threads?

I use none of the visualizers, right now my visualizer is set to iConcertCal.

12. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you mean a bit more tame than my usual threads? Go to my profile and see the threads I've started, as far as I can tell I've only started two racy threads to date.

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

sorry, I guess those two threads are how I know you. I don't think I've participated in your other less racy threads.

14. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Check out my profile. I think my favorite forum is the Community forum; so many people answer, you get to know the opinions of so many different people. I just started those two threads because I felt like it.

EDIT: Woo! 500 posts (that count, anyway, since my masturbation thread got moved to the political forum, causing me to lose posts)! Now, to choose an avatar...