What's your workout/diet routine?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Smileyboy, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Smileyboy, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011

Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I'm curious what everyone does for their workout/diet routine.
    I've been working with a trainer at 24 hr fitness. It's working great so far but I like cheaper options. ?
    My goal is a flatter stomach and to get more tone.
    6"1 201lb
    I usually go to the gym 5 days a week for 1-1.5 hrs. For cardio I usually do the stair master or treadmill every other day for an hour and free weights the other days.

I usually eat whatever I want for breakfast. Salad and something for lunch, dinner salad and some meat ( I usually try and avoid carbs in the evening, unless I've just left the gym)

What do u do?

Oh and what app if any u use. I used fitnessbulder... Now I'm using gym goal.

2. ftored macrumors regular

ftored

Well not really being obedient on my nutrition lately. But the ideal was :

Breakfast:
    Wheetabix +some muesli for taste or honey +milk
    Toasted bread with honey and a slice of cheese
    Eggssssss:p

around 11:
    A small sandwich (brown bread, turkey ham and light cheese +some mustard, lettuce and tomato)

for lunch:
    Chicken/fish + rice +salad

around 4-5 in the noon:
    fruits

night:
    salad +tuna, or chicken

Was doing this for a while but lately i haven't been concentrating on it.:) Will have to start following it though.:)

Also when i was on this nutriotion i used to run about 7-8 times a week for 6-7km. Sometimes morning +night, some days only one session or nothing at all. And also 3-4 times in the gym for weights

For apps i used Runkeeper for my jogging sessions. I really like this because i compare my times for the same sections in each session:)

Tried to use myfitnesspal but i couldn't keep myself entering everything i eat or do:D.

Wanted to note down my Gym sessions but i think its a bit time consuming to use an app for that:p

3. Hellhammer, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Workout

Monday: Chest and biceps; 1hr of badminton or 30min jog

Tuesday: Upper back; abs

Wednesday: Shoulders; badminton or jogging

Thursday: Legs and lower back; jogging

Friday: Triceps and biceps; jogging

Saturday: Badminton or jogging

Sunday: Badminton or jogging

Diet

Breakfast: 250g of quark, a piece of rye bread with 5% cheese and 2dl of milk

Lunch: Whatever the school offers

Dinner: Whatever I have at home, usually something wholewheat and meat/chicken/fish and salad

Supper: Breakfast + ~100g of smoked salmon

This is ideal of course, oftentimes I end up drinking on weekends so no sports.

4. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I'm in maintenance mode myself, having attained the flat stomach and tone (very low body fat right now).

Diet is simple : Anything I want. I simply make sure to follow the following rules :

- 3000 calories a day
    - Follow the canadian nutrition guide : 5-12 veggies/fruit, 5-10 grains, 2-3 dairies, 2-3 proteins.

When I was trying to lose weight, diet was ... still simple : Anything I want. I simply made sure to follow the following rules :

- 1700 calories a day (metabolic maintenance rate, so any movement on my part was weight loss).
    - Follow the canadian nutrition guide if possible : 5-12 veggies/fruit, 5-10 grains, 2-3 dairies, 2-3 proteins.

Nutrition and diets should never be complicated or strict. Just eat whatever, but make sure you eat it in reasonable quantities. No food makes you fat and no food makes you thin. All calories are created equal.

Gym is also simple. 5 days a week, 2 off days. My workout consists of Cardio first (usually around 35 minutes of eliptical or 8 km of running), Stretching second (not cheap ass stretching, "do it until it hurts, then push it a bit more" stretching. I've vastly improved my flexibility), Muscles last. I make sure to work all the muscle groups over 2 days and the last day of the week, I do a double weight lifting program.

5. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

You said Tuesday twice. :)

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

LOL, I meant Thursday :p

7. PhoenixMac, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Diet-whatever I want

Workout

same rep scheme for every exercise

Monday
    Chest 2 sets of 5 reps, 1 set to max (start low so your first workout your max reps set end about 10)
    Add 5lbs to each week (2.5lbs each side)

Squat
    Deadlift

Tuesday
    Biceps and triceps
    Abs
    Sprints

Wednesday
    Shoulders
    Power cleans

Thursday
    Long distance cardio
    5k, 10k, swim, bike, or rowing

Friday
    Repeat Monday

Saturday and Sunday rest

I started at 6'3 200lb 255-bench 405-squat 400-deadlift 24min 5k
    Now I'm at 185lb 305-bench 505-squat 475-deadlift 21:33 5k

8. Smileyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

9. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I was using the Peace Plan for a while when I was working toward a government job. (http://www.911jobforums.com/archive/index.php/t-38331.html - The link appears to be down right now...) It is basically sit-ups, push-ups, and running.

Neck surgery, marriage, and finicky arches have kind of slowed me down. I'm working right now with a combination of the FBI fitness plan (for weights) and Couch to 5K (for running).

The diet is a work in progress - but it mostly involves reducing refined sugars (candy, soda, etc.). The holiday season sure isn't helping...

10. Smileyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I'm always up for changing up my work outs.. My trainer gets mad when I don't by more sessions... But as a Apple Addict, I gotta have me money avaliable :D

I'll keep an eye on the sight sounds interesting

11. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I use a variation of compound exercises. I have a heart deformity that prevents me from doing heavy weights, so I use a fair amount of body weight routines...

I'm fit/toned but not as bulked as I'd like to be. Ah well.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't have a workout "routine", per se. I just try to stay fit and do exercise whenever I can.

I watch my diet to keep the weight off. I exercise to keep the body fat % low-ish. I don't want to give the impression

Workout:

Swim 2-3 times per week.
    Gym once per week.

Generally, I do ride my bike to get places, since I live in the city. I will also go for a run on weekends if I have nothing to do, but I won't run as a regular exercise because my knees aren't great. :eek: This weekend, I ran for around 90 minutes.

Diet

I eat the things I want, but I try to eat a balanced diet. :) Admittedly, I often resist eating something that I enjoy because I think about my health. I don't literally eat whatever I want.

I watch how many calories I'm eating, but without actually "counting" calories. I just use some sense.

13. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I punch out a baby every day, whether I need to or not.

14. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Monday - 2km + Crossfit
    Tuesday - Sports such as hockey or basketball
    Wednesday - 13km Rucksack March
    Thursday - Day off
    Friday - 5km or longer run

Eat whatever the hell I want :D

15. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Lmfao

16. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I used to work out mainly sit ups and push ups also the use of dumbells but I got sick a couple of months I haven't gotten back into it

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Workout:
    Running 5 days a week with my mileage varying between 3 and 6 miles, though in the winter, I tend to stick to the shorter distances and in the summer, I usually push my long runs into the 9 mile range

Karate 3 days a week - these classes are not instructions in the martial arts but also includes cardio work outs to strengthen you upper body, lower, and core.

Diet. High in fiber, like oatmeal and other grains, I avoid most meat and try to walk away from fried foods, though with kids that its difficult, sometimes those french fries are calling :)