WhatsApp Concept (iOS 7)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LordQ, Jul 17, 2013.

1. LordQ, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013

LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

This is my mockup of WhatsApp redesigned for iOS 7. What do you guys think? :D

Attached Files:

2. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I look forward to great developers creating new and unique versions of their apps for iOS 7.0, most mockups i've seen lately are almost exactly the same as Apple's updated apps. With time I hope developers create their own improved versions based on Apple's apps and not just copy them.

A good example is Tweetbot which for previous iOS versions created a really nice app. Lets see what they're able to do from now on.

3. Mischaa macrumors member

Mischaa

Good example, I'm looking forward to see some new designs!

4. cobbyco, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013

cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Did you know: Jony Ive only texts people at exactly 9:41am.

:)

5. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

looks good but why does the contacts icon have a gradient?

6. Vane macrumors newbie

It's funny, everybody wants the avatar (form factor) to be a circle instead of a rectangle. Just look at most of the WhatsApp redesigns on Dribbble. But I have to admit that I also think the circle is way prettier than the rounded rectangle.

7. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

I actually think Android's whatsapp is more superior than apple's.

Plus the thing I want the most is to differentiate between Group chats and individual chats better.

8. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I actually like it when apps conform to the OS's look and feel. Familiarity brings ease of use.

9. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I agree with you but the beauty of iOS is the diversity of apps (always in sync with the OS) and the fact that most create unique stuff for their apps. It would be boring if all apps looked like Settings or Messages.

Take for example Twitter a few years ago, they added the pull to refresh feature while they could have just added a refresh button like Apple had in their Mail app, now the pull to refresh is almost being used in all apps because of Twitter.

Facebook added the ability to swipe up or down on a photo to dismiss it and now many apps have been starting to implement this feature (Again Tweetbot was one of the first apps I saw added this to their app)

This are just some small things that other developers designed and implemented on top of Apple's designs and became a system wide improvement.

10. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

I agree.

11. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Im guessing you will only see release time updates from "big devs" for iOS 7. While Apple is making a push for everyone to update to the new style I am guessing only about 5% will for the release and maybe about 30% a year after. Keep in mind more than half of the apps on the store only built for the 3.5 inch screen (which is a bigger deal than this redesign update) and thats about 2 years old now.

Back on topic your mockup looks good you do any design work on actual apps?

12. LordQ thread starter macrumors 68040

LordQ

Thank you. This was just a mockup, I'm not a developer but I'm about to major in Industrial Design this fall.

13. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Looks good, but I still think I prefer the one I saw here.

Check out others at the site while you're there, most of them look great and definitely fit the iOS 7 look

14. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

I'm surprised that Whatsapp latest update for iPhone didn't have any change of design at all.

15. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

They cannot change to iOS7 specific design until iOS7 is officially released to Public ... also if you see Whatsapp prior update cycle on iOS, it has been terrible ...

remember the time when they had to stretch the app for iPhone 5 screen ... wow those were some looooong months

16. petersmith5544 macrumors newbie

WhatsApp Concept (iOS 7)

Simply gorgeous. Clean and minimalist look. Compliments the iOS 7 design. Love this very much!

17. Htin macrumors regular

Htin

its nice and all but pity the whatsapp team does ****** design... like that they did with the update for iphone 5's larger screen...