iPhone WhatsApp does not show the notification message

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by bansh, Jul 28, 2015.

1. bansh, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015

bansh macrumors member

bansh

Hi guys,

Since 2-3 weeks WhatsApp shows "1 New Message from Name" and the message itself in an extra notification. So nearly each WA message creates two banner.
    It doesn't matter if the screen is locked or the notification slides in from top.

You guys have an idea how to get rid of this issue or is it a iOS9 beta issue? I'm not sure if it started on the later betas but in B1 & B2 the issue was not there for me!

Anyone else has this issue too?

2. Trahearne macrumors 6502

Try to toggle the notification settings in WhatsApp's Settings tab, especially the Show Preview option.

3. bansh thread starter macrumors member

bansh

Tried that already! No success! :(
    Also reinstalled WA, same issues. So if u don't have that problem its not an iOS 9 issue?

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I have seen this at least once on iOS 9 - no preview in the notification - but not sure if it's consistent. I feel like I've seen previews too, at other times. And yes I have previews turned on in the app settings and haven't changed it recently.

5. Trahearne, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015

Trahearne macrumors 6502

I had this issue after I did a full restore in PB2, but toggling Alerts under Message Notifications and then Show Preview has solved this for me since then. It should be an issue in WhatsApp, since the contents of push notifications are determined by WhatsApp's server backend.

6. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I'm having this issue too. Just assuming it's due to a it being a beta and will be ironed out when fully launched.

7. bansh thread starter macrumors member

bansh

Well, this confirms my thoughts. But looks like not everybody has this issue! :cool:

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I am getting a similar problem with telegram, where I was getting double notifications for every new message. Has stopped now.

Just the risks of running beta software which can break app compatibility, I suppose.

9. fmotta01 macrumors newbie

Same here. Double notifications issue with latest Whatsapp and iOS 9 beta 4 (also with beta 3)

10. bushido Suspended

bushido

same. especially annoying cuz now i cant see the message pn my Apple Watch either and have to take out the phone every few minutes

11. braintumor macrumors regular

Got the double notifications bug as well and its annoying as hell... Im on iOS9 public beta