Whatsapp issues with Vodafone iPhone users.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by biggrim, Jan 17, 2010.

1. biggrim macrumors member

Hello.

I've been using whatsapp for a few months now with not too many issues here in the UK on the O2 network.

However a couple of days a go one of my friends got the iPhone on Vodafone and installed whatsapp. Now if he sends me a message I get the little pop up bubble and when I go into the app to reply, it just crashes. I can't get into it to message anyone else either. Another of my friends (also on O2) is having the same issue with the same contact.

I've reported the problem to the developers and tried doing what they recommend on their site but with no success. I've also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as well as resetting the phone.

Is there anyone else out there having the same issue or is it just potentially my mates phone that's causing the problem?

Thanks in advance

2. biggrim thread starter macrumors member

Quick update people. I deleted the contact that was giving me grief in whatsapp to see if it made any difference and allow me to use the app. Not only did it solve the issue, I could message my mate even though his number was gone. I added his details back into the phonebook and it's all working fine again.

If anyone is having the above issue, I would recommend deleting (temporarily) your vodafone contacts and adding them again later.

3. R-L-W macrumors newbie

whatsapp not workin

I bought an iphone 4 2 days ago & downloaded whatsapp.
    My partner did the same thing.

Her whatsapp is working fine & mine just come up with a loading pack with 'creating favourites'.
    Any clues what could be wrong please

Ta:(