WhatsApp multiple numbers?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stiwi, Apr 16, 2013.

1. stiwi macrumors regular

Can you add multiple numbers in WhatsApp? I travel often and have different SIM cards, so it is painful for me not being able to add multiple numbers for iMessage. I am wondering if WhatsApp allows that?

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

3. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

why do you want to change your whatsapp number every time? I generally dont change my permanent number becuase I know its going to be it once I'm home...so what I do is give my close contacts a message via whatsapp that I am currently avaialble at xxx xxx xxxx number...

4. stiwi thread starter macrumors regular

But I would prefer to be reachable under say 2-3 numbers hence asking if that is possible.

5. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

100% not possible....I think it would just be hectic for people to save and send messages to your multiple numbers...personally I think that is why they dont support it...

you can always get another phone...and use it on wifi only...or turn on personal hotspot to have them be connected to the net... if you really really need it

6. stiwi thread starter macrumors regular

So how to understand their FAQ:
    "You may want to use WhatsApp with one number, on two phones, or with two phone numbers on a single smartphone. However, your WhatsApp account can only be verified with one number, on one device."
    http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/general/21009863