Whatsapp official release!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by btsvchris, Sep 8, 2014.

1. btsvchris macrumors member

Finally whatsapp released a update!!! On the first view it seems to work fine.

Thought that they would test it with the GM first :)

2. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

3. btsvchris thread starter macrumors member

4. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Is it just me, or does font seem bigger even with Dynamic Type turned to the lowest setting.

5. bushido Suspended

bushido

thats not an open api. they could make an extention but thats rather pointless and would only open the app itself :-/

6. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Bummer... :/ guess I'll stick with iMessage. Thanks!

7. TurnerMartin macrumors regular

TurnerMartin

Does this version solves the ff and the flags problem?

8. busch macrumors newbie

Yes.

9. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

According to the iOS 8 page: «Third-party apps: When developers update their apps, you’ll be able to reply to those notifications, too.»

Maybe they're saving the update to include quick reply when they address the bugs people report in the coming days... Or one can hope so.

10. afsnyder macrumors 65816

I believe the "reply" may refer only to the actionable part rather than the quick part of the notification system.

11. bushido Suspended

bushido

Apple does not allow keyboard input for whatever stupid reason. Devs can only add buttons to interact such as seen on the facebook preview to respond with a "like" or if you hit the "comment" button it opens the actual app not the keyboard to reply.

12. dereknas macrumors regular

dereknas

Looks like the 'force close' issue when replying on some of the threads have been solved.

13. JCCL macrumors 6502a

I have the annoying issue where I only like having sounds / vibrate when receive a message, but don't like receiving banners, notifications, show on lock screen.......Every time I open the app it is telling me to enable the notifications in notification centers.......Anybody else has this issue???

14. shandyman Suspended

It couldn't as this is an iOS 8 thing and developers are not allowed to submit any iOS 8 related API's yet. This will be allowed after GM is released.

15. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

"New" tones

Waited years for new/custom tones in WhatsApp. Got frustrated more and more as time went by because I'm OCD-picky about having certain tones for specific events in the phone. Saw the new release actually had new tones, if not customizable ones. Got excited. Real fkn excited. Installed the update. Found there are no new tones.

:mad:

Bastards.