WhatsApp Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SSAJ, Jan 12, 2017.

1. SSAJ macrumors 6502

Hey guys im having a problem with my iPhone 5S running 10.2 im having a very weird Problem.My whatsApp is sending msg with a good 3 - 5 secs delay when you send a msg to someone its not like my internet is freaking out youtube,Facebook,Instagram and Tapatalk is working fine but whatsapp is the only thats behaving like this guys help me please

2. Koudspeel macrumors regular

Koudspeel

That's normal behaviour of WhatsApp or any messaging app even. The message has to be sent and recieved.

3. SSAJ thread starter macrumors 6502

Nah man i having been using WhatsApp since 2 years and on my old 4S its was instant when you send a message and on this its takes 3-5 seconds of delay to send

4. foxconn Suspended

5. steveh552 macrumors regular

First world problems, 3-5 seconds is not a huge deal

6. SSAJ thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah,it isn't but when the other is spamming you with msgs and you cant reply

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Start doing some experiments. Take your phone to Starbucks and see if, on Starbucks WiFi, if you have the same problem. If you have the same problem, attempt uninstalling the application (press hold, hit X) and reinstalling it. If you aren't having the same problem, I'd suspect something on your network at home is needing some maintenance. For example, we had some neighbors move in and they got Charter Cable. This made our 2.4Ghz WiFi unusable - so I had to change the channel that ours was on.

It depends on the devices too - 3-5 seconds isn't much to be worried about - depending on where that person is or what device they have.

Spamming can have a "squeezing" effect on the ability to send stuff too - to prevent users from DOS'ing their services.

8. SSAJ, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017

SSAJ thread starter macrumors 6502

That's was helpful mate but another thing i noticed was that when i restarted my device it was back to normal but after some time it gave me that problem

9. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Memory issue? How many apps do you have open at a time?? Could be a network issue as well.