"WhatsAPP" question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xpsm1730, Oct 25, 2010.

1. xpsm1730 macrumors regular

I'm only connected to WhatsApp messenger when I launch the application. So I don't get any messages from friends until I launch it and get connected. How do I 'remain' connected to it when I'm not on the app - when the phone is in sleep mode etc...

I tried to look for settings in iphone settings and in WhatsApp but didn't find any.

Thanks

2. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

whatsapp is multi-tasking enabled. so it will always be connected and receive messages as they come in...

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

As long as you are on the 3GS or the iPhone4 multitasking for it should work.
    Make sure you go to settings>notifications>whatsapp and turn ON the notification types you want it to do!

4. xpsm1730 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on the 3G not 3GS - is that why WhatsApp isn't notifying me?

I just installed Push Doctor and restarted the phone. Now the 'Notiications' tab in Settings has disappeared.

Help pl.

5. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

i am sorry i am not familiar with Push Doctor...

hope someone else will come along to help you out...

maybe uninstall it and see if you can get back the settings?

6. xpsm1730 thread starter macrumors regular

7. cdrwinston macrumors regular

I do not have consistent problems receiving my notifications, although it does happen sometimes. Not enough to narrrow it down to a particular situation. I used to always receive them but over the past few weeks, not so much. Maybe with the last update? Sorry I can't help you. I'm on 4.1