iPhone 7(+) whatsapp rings in DND mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by etaleb, Jan 1, 2018.

1. etaleb macrumors member

guys - this has been an issue for years and continues to be one. Has apple given whatsapp some special privileges that it rings even in DND mode? I'm on iphone 7 running 11.2.1

Thx

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

That's strange. When I have my device in DND ( iOS or Android ) I don't hear any messages ring for that duration. The only exception is from Favorites in my contacts.

I'd try going in to WhatsApp settings >> notifications >> reset notification settings. Also, maybe try re-installing the app if that doesn't work.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

This is for calls or messages or both?

Does it appear as a regular call almost, or more like a regular notification?

4. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

just calls and appears like a whatsapp call the same way it would if thephone was unlocked

5. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

resetting whatsapp notifications didn't help. Anything else

6. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

Does anybody have a solution to this real bad apple issue. Internet forums are full of folks complaining of same issue. Quite pathetic of you apple

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Does that look similar to a regular phone call (where the whole screen is taken over with the incoming call and there are accept/decline buttons at the bottom, etc.), or is it more like a regular notification where it appears as a banner or an alert type of thing?

8. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

whole screen showing the whatsapp call with accept/decline buttons

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

So sounds like that's using CallKit integration. I wonder if because of that it treats calls like that essentially the same as regular phone calls. What are your DND settings when it comes to calls (are you allowing any to go through, etc.)?

10. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

only 2 favorite people and none of those are even on my whatsapp list. I did have an app called cisco spark installed recently as a trial but uninstalled it recently which also used the callkit integration

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

What about repeated calls?

(And I assume you have DND set to silence always rather than only while the phone is locked?)

12. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

Silence:Always is chosen. Repeated calls is checked off

13. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

I hate WhatsApp for this specific reason. I only use it to keep in touch with a few international friends. Untimatly I had to remove the app and put it on a separate phone. On that phone I removed all notifications , set the ringer to none as well as the vibration ringer and lit it in end mode. It’s the only way I can tolerate it.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's an odd one. Not sure how any app can really bypass DND that is on system level basically.