Whatsapp while Cellular Data OFF??

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by chancho, Jan 10, 2012.

1. chancho macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2010

I just bought 4S few days ago, and I only now noticed that there is no 3G to Edge switch (like on the iPhone 4), and now I see on the menu "Cellular Data", is it the same?

Because I'm trying to set it to OFF and meanwhile run Whatsapp but I can never get it to connect.

I'm used to my good old iPhone 4 which there Whatsapp always worked under Edge network.

Pls advise

2. njaremka macrumors 6502

May 11, 2010
    turning cellular data off turns ALL your data connections off. iOS 5.1 looks to be bringing the 3g connection switch back. whatsapp should still pull data from a wifi connection, though.
  3. chancho thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2010
    I imagine that it would pull out of wifi, but all off my idea is to use whatsapp on Edge network, used to do it with iPhone 4 and it worked like charm.

I have the 4s for 2 days and I only now noticed that there is no 3G switch..
    huge bummer!

Hope 5.1 will be released soon

4. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Jul 22, 2011
    sucks because I want the 3G-EDGE switch back but I also want to jailbreak on 5.0.1
  5. krs7272 macrumors regular

Sep 27, 2010
    I have the same decision to make. I guess depending which comes out first. Also I am wondering if the 3g toggle could be ported from 5.1 into 5.0.1 via cydia?