Whatsapp

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gomoq13, Jul 10, 2013.

1. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

For my iPhones and iPad, when I am viewing a photo or video and choose to hide the control menus within the app, the control menu (so that I could go back to chat screen or browse through next photo/video) wouldn't re-appear even though I've clicked anywhere on the screen. Used to re-appear in previous betas. In order for me to get the control menu back, I have to minimise the app and open it from multitask. Anyone else having this issue? If so, any workaround apart from what I've mentioned?

And damn, the app does need an update, in my opinion. Maybe a change in the UI at least. Lol. The iOS version of Whatsapp has been neglected since December, unlike other platform versions which has been getting numerous updates for the past several months. I think the Android version of the App looks beautiful compared to the one on ours.

2. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

Yup same problem... I haven't found a workaround yet...

Whatsapp for iOS has always been ignored... We were stuck on groups of ten for a loooon while after android got groups of 15/20 and then finally 30...

3. gomoq13 thread starter macrumors 6502

gomoq13

We used to be the first to always get updates first. Well, that was before 2013. Oh well.

----------

https://www.behance.net/gallery/WhatsApp-Redesign-Concept/7458635

How wonderful if this becomes real!

4. nikicampos, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Yes, the same for me, but why would you need another workaround, it's a beta, just be glad that the app works.

Btw, why in the world are you complaining that the app needs an update and stuff like that when iOS 7 is about to be released in sept/oct, just wait, and if when they release iOS 7 and after a few months hasn't changed, then complain, if it hasn't changed, its because it didn't have to.

Now, after all this, iOS 7 being a new UI, do you think Whatsapp will change to the new UI?

YES, so stop complaining.

Here, I hope this calms your anger about whatsapp update, this is what it might look like along with other apps.

http://ios7redesigns.tumblr.com

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I really dig some of those redesigns :)