WHEA Logger error on bootcamped Mac Pro.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rolltide4life, Jun 28, 2016.

1. rolltide4life macrumors newbie

Hey Mac Pro users, do you receive whea logger error on your bootcamped mac (windows 7, 8.1, or 10)
    I always have that particular WHEA Logger Event ID 46 error in my windows's event viewer. it affects any version of windows i use - 7, 8.1, and 10. I have 2012 mac pro 5,1. I have attached the screenshot to this post and see if you guys have the same error message as i do via windows event viewer.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

Have you run a good memory tester - or even the one in the Windows F8 boot menu?

3. rolltide4life thread starter macrumors newbie

I havent tried that but i ran stress test program called prime95 with blend setting (CPU, cache, Ram, etc) and it failed within 1-2 hours of testing. It stopped with error message - rounding was 0.5 less than 0.4 hardware failure detected consult stress.txt

4. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

That (and your error log entry) is consistent with a hardware problem with RAM or CPU.

Go to http://www.memtest.org/ and download a thumb drive or CD bootable version of a very good memory tester.

Your error log entry of "machine check - memory" says "uncorrectable by ECC memory error". This is usually an indication of bad RAM, but can also be triggered by a driver trying to read or write non-existant memory.