When 2.0 comes out are you guys going to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by peapody, Jun 24, 2008.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I just got a minty 32gb touch from a friend. It hasn't been jailbroken yet but was just wondering, how many of you guys will be jailbreaking when 2.0 comes out? Or will you guys be using apps from the app store?

2. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I will be buying from the apps store. Lot less hassle than having to rebreak the itouch after each update

3. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

yeah, but most games will be charged more than $9.99. I think that productivity apps will be paid, will not be free.

4. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

5. darkmeton macrumors member

with all the paying and stuff , I'm thinking of sticking to a jailbroken 1.1.4.. or maybe go to 2.0 and live without the games (or buy a game per month), since I mostly use safari and mail.
    It will suck if I pay 10$ and a month after all the apps will be free in a jailbroken touch..

6. Xenn0X macrumors regular

why does apple think people will buy 2.0 firmware?
    cause with pwnage you can flash custom firmware's.
    so only 1 persons needs to buy and download the firmware and put it on the net. or am i just thinking too simplistic?.
    it's not allowed but people will do it eventually.
    just depens if apple sells the firmware or a update like the january update through itunes.

7. jasonmac21 macrumors member

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe people actually pay for these updates. With these jailbreaking techniques out now, it's just as easy to jailbreak as it is to update and pay. I'm sure the new 2.0 jailbreak will work with programs you buy (I don't mind buying new 3rd party programs that I find of interest), but I'm not going to pay for the ability to buy programs. That is absolutely ridiculous and anyone who doesn't see it as such needs to take a step back from their loyalty to Apple.

8. mowlavie91 macrumors newbie

i would

i would so do it just to avoid paying all that money. I mean with jailbreaking its like u actually can get what u want without alll the apple restrictions. Just imagine installer and the app store, how much more beautiful can it get! :cool:

9. Grentz macrumors newbie

There already are reports that 70% of the apps store is gonna be free, so......

It will depend what its like when it comes out ;)

10. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

I will probably wait a while to see the versatility of the new apps and the charges before I upgrade now that I am thinking about it.

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

thats the think at present pwnagetool and winpwn can NOT jailbreak the latest 2.0 firmware it can only do upto build 240d (beta 3 I think) of the 2.0 firmware. Apple have re-written the firmware but from what I have read it would seem they have atleast cracked the new encryption

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

13. Xenn0X macrumors regular

devteam already announced that there working on it and will be hacked asap after release.

14. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

wow yeah, I would be worried about whatever apple does to the new firmware. What if they make it unbreakable haha. It is a big corporation with smarties. Who knows.

15. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

well, if they made it unhackable, not to many people would complain, becoise they would stick with 1.1.4 or go 2.0 with app store so it works out either way

16. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

that is true..July 11 is taking forever to get here, and there is too much speculation going on on these boards already.. I just can't wait! Just got my ipod touch (typing on it right now actually) and I am very curious about jailbreaking. Still doing the research of course, but looking forward to getting my touch the way I want it.

17. Xavier macrumors 68020

I am going to wait a few weeks after the release to see if there is a jailbreak version of 2.0.

If not, then I am going to buy it for the $10.

18. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm sick of Jailbreaking. I'm gonna stay official.

19. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

i am going to jailbreak on 2.0. but i will still by from the app store

20. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

Since many apps coming out of Installer are betas until 2.0 comes out, I figure I wont jailbreak unless there is some phenomenal comes out for jailbroken iPods.

21. Xavier macrumors 68020

I will probably wait a little bit for them to jailbreak the 2.0 version and then jailbreak my iPod again.

But if it comes two weeks and no jailbreak for 2.0, then I will just buy the update.

22. tonie macrumors 6502

can we do the upgrade ourselves or only apply could? if we can, just torrent it.

23. darkshadow1337 macrumors newbie

Im just going to jailbreak it to get the extra 2.0 feature and the App Store and then get all my apps through the App Store. The only reason im jailbreaking is because it is going to cost 9.99$ to get the extra features + App Store without jailbreaking.

24. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

you don't want to pay $9.95? how did you get ipod touch or iphone? it's not just money. it's stability issue, longer battery life, more stronger wifi range, and extra features. I think that app store will be way better than hacking apps categories. just take a look at apple website. it's beautiful.

anyway I compared to jailbreak for all these issues. actually hacking one is much shorter battery life, shorter wifi, not stable. plus, I want a free of my mind. it's better stay apple version rather than jailbreak. of course, I can enjoy all what I can eat. but no thank you.

25. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Waiting...to see.

I'm going to see what's offered on the 11th before I decide whether to go back inside Apple's walled garden, or continue to play outside of the fence.

Price, selection, availability, stability and ease of use is what I'll be looking at primarily.

If they make it worth my while, I'll restore. If not, eff 'em.

As for earlier posts talking about battery life and wifi range, where is the info coming from? I'm curious, thanks.