(When) 27" imac in stores???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by the Rev., Dec 13, 2012.

1. the Rev. macrumors newbie

hey everyone! Long (long, long, long) time reader. First time posting.
    Quick question:
    I read many are getting their 27? iMacs shipped to them, but they are not available for purchase at the stores. Is this normal? I don't remember a product launch that was shipped to people's homes before it was available for purchase at the stores. If I remember correctly, all iPhones were available in the stores the same day (or earlier?) they arrived to people's homes.
    Am I mistaken?
    My concern: purchase the 27" before Dec 31 (tax write-off purposes).

2. Jason Edwards macrumors regular

I know some Best Buy stores are starting to see them come in. There is one store in Denver Colorado that currently has the 1799.00 one available to purchase.

3. R.OG, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012

R.OG macrumors regular

I picked up the base model 27" at a best buy today

4. vooblu macrumors member

I visited my local apple store yesterday and they had stock of both 27" models. They only stock the 4 premade ones though (ie. if you want the fusion drive or any other customizations, you'll need to order online or in store and wait for it to be built and delivered in January+).

5. KevinC macrumors member

Is Worst Buy going to carry the Fusion Drive models? They don't list any on their website. That would be a mistake.. but what else would we expect from these knucklers? One of the worst-run companies on the planet.