When a Clear Head is Needed

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Reality4711, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Reality4711 macrumors 6502

Reality4711

Have you ever been frustrated by some niggling bit of odd behaviour on your Mac? You cannot put your finger on it but you know it is there.

Recently my video streaming started to get jerky (sometimes). My bluetooth keyboard disconnected occasionally for no reason. My Logitech mouse started and stopped increasingly.External hard drives ejected themselves??

All this did not happen at once but over a three month period (estimated).

Result was a confused, frustrated and a bit angry me.

After a day of reboots, cable changes,replacing mice and keyboards,phone conversations with ISP and site owners, reading up about overheating MacPros and banging my head against the wall; oh and checking everything twice with my 'Air' and 'MBP' I finally gave up and sat with my wife in a quiet room with "Tea & Cake". It was a Sunday after all. My wife said telephone Apple Support!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see. Clear headed answer from my clear (not emotionally involved) better half. Genius.

A wonderful young lady called "Safiyya" suggested probably the only thing I had not tried. PRAM reset!

Yes that B****y simple. All now works creamily smooth. Even CS5 Photoshop and its hard drives are operating glitchless and quietly. Yippee!

If hot bothered and confused as F**k. Ask the wife and then Apple Support.....

Thank you both.

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I run most stuff that I have emotional investment in (Jeep, Motorcycles, Computers, and Bicycles) by my wife to make sure I'm not being stupid.