iPad When a new iPad is released, how does the process of getting one at Best Buy work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by palmerc2, May 31, 2013.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I plan on getting the iPad 5, when it's released, from Best Buy. Can you put in a preorder? Be one of the first ones there on launch day? Luck of the draw depending on when you get there? Availability is limited for the first few weeks after launch?

2. roccobladr macrumors 6502

They will have TONS of them on hand. Literally just walk in and get one. Thats how it was with the iPad 3.

3. palpatine macrumors 68040

Hi. Walk in and buy it. Me? I pre-ordered from Apple and found that to be a very nice experience when the 3 came out. I'll pre-order the 5 from Apple.

4. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Reason I'm set on buying from Best Buy is because I have a lot of rewards points there, so it'll practically be free.

5. tazz3 macrumors regular

if you go to best buy on ipad5 launch day you will get one,
    they dont let people pre-order hardware. so dont worry about it

6. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I will prolly get it from bestbuy as well. I have a credit account with them, plan on getting both a ipad 5 and mini 2 when it comes.

However I thought about Walmart too cuz they're warranties are way cheaper. Plus they'd prolly offer holiday layaway too

7. usmaak macrumors regular

I always buy from Best Buy. That way, I have 45 days to use it and return it/exchange if something goes wrong. With the Apple store, you only get 14 days, and that is just lame. With technology, I always go with the place that has the best return policy.

8. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Pretty sure you just drive to BestBuy, walk into the store. Go to Apple section, ask if they have the model u want in stock, if yes buy. If No, leave.

9. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Each iPad release the best buy in my area rarely sold out and if they did it was usually the 16gb version. I have always bought 64gb and had no issues with availability.

10. AppleDeviceUser macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

On launch day drive to best buy, wait in line, purchase iPad, congrats on your new iPad!

11. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

If Best Buy doesn't do pre-orders, just order it online for in store pickup. Then, you know the model you want will be there waiting and you don't have to wait for someone to help you. In store pickup is awesome: in/out in minutes with exactly what you want.

12. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Hmmm...

Your signature SCREAMS irony.

"Things you own, end up owning you."

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

14. silentbob007 macrumors regular

They generally don't allow online orders for the first few months of release for iPads. All the way back to the first iPad I had to go to BB to see stock and actually purchase.

15. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Hahaha!! I guess it sort of does. Favorite quote from my favorite movie Fight Club.

Anyway, I travel a lot for work & Oregon is one of my destinations, so I'll buy it up there - no sales tax! It'll be my first iPad & I'm just looking forward to having a bigger screen while on the road vs my iPhone 5.

16. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I walked into nearby Best Buy on first day of Mini around 10 am (not even early) and walked out with what I wanted 10 minutes later.

I do thing for the Mini they did allow pre-order but I didn't pre-order - didn't make up my mind I wanted it until 10 minutes before I went to store. Glad I did.

17. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

Uhh, you walk into the Computer section, tell them what you want, they get it, you pay, you leave, serious?

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Walk in and buy. The iPhone is a different story.