When and How Much

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by MBP17er, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MBP17er macrumors newbie

When will they release this?

How much will it cost?

I'm new at all this computer stuff, sorry to ask such basic questions.

Also, when will Apple start releasing the 17 and 19 and 21 inch Macbook Pros? This is what the people want, not just a great OS like Mavericks on a Girly Man 11 or 13 inch MBA.

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

There's been no mention of a release date for Mavericks nor a price but I'm guessing around $20-$30 like the last OS X release. Apple dropped the 17" Macbook Pro and the largest screen offering is 15" and seeing as Apple offered the first 17" notebook computer in the industry and 10 years later they discontinued it says that those screen sizes are not exactly on the top of the list of "what the people want".

3. MBP17er thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you but what is your best guess of the release date?

Also, once you use a 17 inch laptop its hard to go back, so why wouldn't they be pioneers again and release a 19 or 21 inch laptop? Sony has released a portable 20 inch tablet, surely Apple could release a 19 inch laptop?

4. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Apple mentioned a fall release so perhaps October. They've released OS X in October before but possibly earlier since the developer preview is already out.
    Sony hasn't been very successful with their line of lappys. Their machines are considered niche and of course one could argue that so are Apple's but the difference is at the end of the day Sony is just another plain jane Windows machine and Apple offers a different flavor of operating system along with hardware that is built around it.

Apple's 15" Retina Display offers more pixels on the screen which gives the same look and feel of having a 17" screen. Just my opinion but I don't see a point in a 20" tablet or a 19-21" laptop.

5. MBP17er thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone over 35 or in the arts industries would prefer a larger screen. Smaller pixels dont cut it compared to real estate.

Thanks for your predictions about the date and price.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Discussions of MacBook Pros belong in the MacBook Forum, please direct all discussions there. Lets keep this thread specific to the release date and possible costs.