When and how should I buy iphone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snakehe, Sep 10, 2014.

1. snakehe macrumors newbie

To begin with, I am living in south bay area and usually go to the Stanford retail store to buy Apple stuff.

I am having a trip to China on Sep 27th and wanna buy one iPhone 6 as gift for my friend (actually I do not need it).

I have never bought iphone/ipad when it's just released. I do not know how likely I get it in time (on or before Sep 26th) either at retail store or online. Simply speaking, I have two options for now:

1. place the order online when it's released online on Sep 12th, when can I get it approximately? (one weeks works for me, more than two weeks not)
    2. go to retail store, saying Sep 24th - Sep 26th. How likely I can get it at retail store one week after it's released?

Thank you very much!

2. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

I would say go ahead and pre-order on the 12th as soon as possible. Shipping times will start to slip to weeks if you don't pre-order in the first few hours. If you're able to pre-order right when it goes live, you should receive it on launch day, Sept. 19th.

3. snakehe thread starter macrumors newbie

Really appreciate!

4. ravic macrumors member

The phones will be locked to the provider. I did not see any info on apple selling unlocked phones on release day. Make sure you are buying it for someone that will use it on the appropriate providers network.

5. snakehe thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I forgot to mention I do need the phone unlocked! :eek: