When and why should I buy my macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Neema5, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Neema5 macrumors newbie

I was originally planning on waiting till OS X Leopard came out till I was going to buy my macbook, but now I hear that it is delayed till October till it comes out.
    1. Is that true?
    2. I don't really want to wait that long, should I though?
    3. Will it be easy to upgrade if I just buy my macbook now?
    3. I build my own pc's and I have a nice pc already and my family keeps telling me that I don't need a new laptop because I already have a very nice pc. Also because I already have my pc for intense computer use and I will only be using the macbook for basic use, there is no need for it. Why do you guys think I should buy it?
    4. Is the black macbook really worth the extra money?

Thanks!!!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

1. Is that true? -- No one knows. It isn't widely expected in the imminent future, based on progress of developer seeds.

2. I don't really want to wait that long, should I though? -- I'd go with this: if you can benefit from the Mac now, buy it. If not, wait.

3. Will it be easy to upgrade if I just buy my macbook now? Yes, pretty easy. Will most likely cost $129 for regular consumers and $69 for students. Would recommend, if you upgrade, waiting ~1-2 months after the initial release and upgrading when 10.5.2 or so rolls out.

3. Why do you guys think I should buy it? Erm....

4. Is the black macbook really worth the extra money? No. Unless you're obsessed with black, get the better white macbook.

3. Neema5 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

yea i think now would be the best time... once you get it.. you will regret waiting for it.