when Apple repairs hardware do they upgrade it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by whomadeamark, May 11, 2008.

1. whomadeamark macrumors newbie

My (nearly 2 year old) MacBook's 80gb hard drive completely broke about a week ago, so I took to my local Apple store and they have taken it away to replace the hard drive. I was just wondering if they would put a 120gb hard drive in it as that is now the minimum hard drive that you can get for a MacBook or replace it with another 80gb one? Also would they put Leopard on it?

I'm trying to look for some silver lining...

Mark

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It depends on what stock then have as well as some other factors. Don't count on it and act like you won the lotto if you get an upgrade.

3. jons macrumors 6502

I'm curious to know how it turns out. Please update the thread when you find out.

On a side note, I have had exceptional experiences with Apple repair service. My 2 year old 30" ACDs had a couple problems, and they ended up replacing it with a brand new one. Good times.

- js

4. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

Only if they dont have and cannot get the original component will they fit it with an upgrade. They have to fit it with an equal or nearest above spec part.