When Apple speeds up shipping times, do they go by order completion time?

XciteMePls

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
If Apple does bump up Nov. 17-24th orders to earlier shipments, will they go in order by exact order completion times first? Meaning, somebody who completed their order at 12:09 am will get bumped ahead in line, BEFORE somebody who ordered at 12:14, even though they BOTH have the same 17-24th shipping dates???

Or is it less precise than that? Maybe they just randomly select a bunch of 17-24th orders and bump them regardless of what time the order was placed???

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
If Apple does bump up Nov. 17-24th orders to earlier shipments, will they go in order by exact order completion times first? Meaning, somebody who completed their order at 12:09 am will get bumped ahead in line, BEFORE somebody who ordered at 12:14, even though they BOTH have the same 17-24th shipping dates???

Or is it less precise than that? Maybe they just randomly select a bunch of 17-24th orders and bump them regardless of what time the order was placed???
No, I believe they go by race and then by gender.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
At this point God knows what Apple will do. They botch the crap out of this preorder. I am still very pissed about it.

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
Not funny or clever!
Oh come on... it was both clever and funny (and clearly a joke). You can fill in whichever group you prefer so completely unoffensive.

They generally go by order time of that particular configuration. So a 64 might get filled before a 256, gray before silver, etc. On a prior launch, I saw others with later order times get moved ahead of me but actually received the device the same time as the person moved ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: anubis1980

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

I think it’s by order number, which lines up with order time. But there could well be no rhyme or reason of who gets bumped. You never know in such a huge process like this nor do they tell you exactly how it works.

Reactions: bambooshots

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
The way Apple tends to do things seems to be completely random so I highly doubt it will be in any kind of logical order.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
I think it’s by order number, which lines up with order time. But there could well be no rhyme or reason of who gets bumped. You never know in such a huge process like this nor do they tell you exactly how it works.
This. I was going to point out there's USUALLY a strong correlation between order number and order completion time.

That said my preorder was reserved at 2:03CDT but I didn't complete my order until 05:40CDT.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
The way Apple tends to do things seems to be completely random so I highly doubt it will be in any kind of logical order.
This, I have seen years where ppl have the same carrier as me. And order the same item as me, only way later than me. And their order processes much faster than mine does. Now why? Who knows.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Correction:They botched your pre-order, you don't speak for everybody else who successfully was able to pre-order the iPhone X successfully.
They botched this preorder. A lot of people didn’t get their orders on time and they were prepared like myself. Thanks.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 1.14.00 PM.png

With one of these. That's a special vapor deposited iridium (from a meteorite) finish on hand-forged al-yew-minium cage and the balls are a hybrid ceramic-tungsten composite formed in zero-g.

The sheets were just xeroxed by Susan in accounting, though.

Reactions: Aibocyrus