When Apple unveils updates to new products.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jmFightSpam, May 15, 2008.

1. jmFightSpam macrumors regular

...do they usually make them the same price as the outgoing model -- or -- do they raise the price.

For example, specifically to the Apple Display, if Apple introduced an update to the Apple Displays, would it be expected that they would be priced the same as the current displays or more?

I only ask because I am wavering between buying an Apple Display now or taking my chances and waiting until after WWDC to see what they announce. However, if they are most likely to be a lot more money than the current displays, then I may just go ahead and buy one anyway.

Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

For the new ACDs to sell for more than currently, they'd have to have an IR port, a built-in iSight, built-in speakers, FireWire 800, FireWire 3200, USB 3, eSATA, and come in 24", 30", and 40".

3. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

and be made of 24 kt gold. :p

Seriously though, I can almost guarantee a price DROP for the ACDs. They're way more expensive than virtually all of the competition these days.

4. kiwi031 macrumors member

Apple Prices

Yeah, I can't think of any Apple update to an existing line that saw an increase in price... I mean, if the new ACDs were substantially better in terms of their features (eg. description a couple of posts above) then I wouldn't expect them to be cheap!

Having said this though, I've heard little about ACD updates at WWDC - as it is a developers conference, it is traditionally not the venue for hardware releases.. However, I can't predict the future! In any course of events, you'd probably be able to get a nice discount on the departing models if they release new ones!

Goodluck :)