When are iOS 10 wallpapers released (not a joke)

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by JM, Feb 21, 2016.

1. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

Hey.

Historically, when could we expect iOS 10 wallpapers to be leaked? (For serious. When were iOS 9 wallpapers leaked last year.)

Thanks, collective brain known as macrumor forum!

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When the first iOS 10 beta is released.

3. JM thread starter macrumors 6502a

JM

Okay, so late June. Thanks

4. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

And I hope they add more 'water' wallpapers. Too many flowers.

5. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Why bother asking if you already knew this?

6. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

Actually iOS 10 first beta may have placeholder wallpapers. They get added and removed diring the beta cycle.
    So whatever the changes, you will get them here at MacRumors.

7. JM thread starter macrumors 6502a

JM

my my, arent we assumptive?

8. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Well, it's not that big of an assumption, you're knowledgeable enough to know when iOS betas are released, but you don't know that the wallpapers are released along with them?

Although, if we're being specific, recently, the first beta doesn't usually have all of the new wallpapers. Might have to wait until September.

9. JM thread starter macrumors 6502a

JM

there, see? that wasn't so hard to contribute something intelligent to the conversation, was it?

the question was answered, and i appeciated it. you offered new information and i appreciate that, too.

Woodrocket offers nothing so he *** ** **** * **** :D
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2016 ---
    i didnt like the 9 wallpapers that much; only a few i like.

I'm hoping for good things in new wallpapers.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2016 ---
    sometimes its just the simple connections that people miss. because I'm bored I'll explain:

i didnt connect that the wallpapers would be released with the betas. sometimes smart people miss the details.

10. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I agree, iOS 8/9 wallpaper have kinda sucked. iOS 9 removed all of the what I thought were pretty good. iOS 8 removed some good ones too. Sorta annoying but it's all better than the weird cloth patterns and faces and stuff with pre iOS 7. Even though it was almost impossible to have a wallpaper look bad with the skeumorphic design, it was just he pictures themselves I didn't like. iOS 7 and onward, it's so much harder to find a wallpaper that doesn't look disgusting because of the blurred dock and little contrast between icons and wallpaper.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I liked the iOS 9 Wave wallpaper. Wonder why they got rid of it.

12. JM thread starter macrumors 6502a

JM

I bet because of licensing. whoever owned the photo didn't want to sell?

I have the wave saved off a google image search. idownloadblog or some other iPhone site has it as well as the older 8 and 9 and probably older. m

13. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yeah it's weird Apple lately has been using different wallpapers for when they first unveil/advertise a new major iteration iOS compared to when they actually release to the public.

iOS 4/5 both had the gray water drops the whole way through I believe.

iOS 6 had the blue ripples. I loved that wallpaper except it always looked pixellated to me, I don't know why. Also a little washed out but a touched up version that I use looks awesome imo. Looks the best with skeumorphic UI though.... :(

iOS 7 had the blue galaxy wallpaper the whole way through.. It was okay.

But iOS 8 had the underwater wallpaper when it was first introduced, then it released with the gray snow mountain wallpaper. Loved both to be honest. Still use them occasionally to this day. iOS 9 as we all know was introduced with the dramatic green/blue wave over the whole screen, but then was released with the weird whatever it is now. Looks a little bit like fish scales. Interesting, but tired of it already.