When are payments taken on an order?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arch Stanton EFC, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Arch Stanton EFC macrumors newbie

I'm looking at a MBP13, i5, 16GB and 512ssd which is of course a build to order. The Apple website says if placed today, the order will be shipped between 11th and 15th of October. I am looking at taking advantage of the 12 months interest free pay schedule but I'd like the payments to come out of my account just after payday (on the 18th of every month). Can anyone offer any info as to when the payments are likely to come out of my account in relation to date of placing an order and delivery?

Thanks for any help

2. IngerMan macrumors 65816

IngerMan

Are you talking the Barclay Apple credit card?

No interest if paid in full within the promo period.
    Special financing on purchases made at Apple within the first 30 days of account opening. Promo period based on purchase amount:

• 6 months: less than $499
    • 12 months: $499 to less than $999
    • 18 months: $999 and over

Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full by the end of the promotional period or if you make a late payment. The purchase APR will be 15.74%, 21.74%, or 28.74% variable, based on your credit worthiness.

Your Apple purchase(s) may not be paid in full by the financing offer expiration date if you only pay your minimum amount due each month. You may have to make additional payments to avoid interest charges.

See terms and conditions for details.

3. baypharm macrumors 68000

baypharm

[QUOTE Can anyone offer any info as to when the payments are likely to come out of my account in relation to date of placing an order and delivery?

Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you think any of us would know when money is taken out of your account - that's entirely up to the credit card company and your closing date for each statement. Take it up with them.

4. Arch Stanton EFC thread starter macrumors newbie

no sirs, up until recently (i have just noticed it has stopped) but apple had a 12 month 0% finance/credit option, not a credit card purchase.

5. dg2445 macrumors newbie

I recently ordered a BTO Macbook Pro with free Beats headphones (edu deal). They charged me for the headphones immediately and then charged me for the computer (less the cost of the Beats) when the computer shipped, 5 days later.

If you’re trying to time a charge on your account you might want to account for the fact that Apple usually delivers before the date they tell you when you place the order. I was told 10-14 business days.

Hope that helps.

6. Arch Stanton EFC thread starter macrumors newbie

7. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

That 12 months interest free is probably through Barkley, unless they have changed credit companies?

In any case you can probably contact them after it charges and ask to have the a payment date moved a few days if need be.

8. Arch Stanton EFC thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in the UK, the finance was provided by a UK bank, Barclays, I'll either wait a few weeks and see if the free 12 months finance starts up again or look at an offer on a new CC.

Many thanks

9. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

Sorry, I spelled it incorrectly, but Barclays was what I had meant. Most credit card companies will work with you on moving a payment date a couple of days to best fit your pay schedule, etc.