Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NityanandaSCSM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
It was last updated in April, 2010.

Have there been any rumors I missed?
We are waiting to update our computers hoping for a September or October release, does that seem likely?

I couldnt find the "macbook pro expected release date" subforum/thread so I posted here, Mods feel free to move it.

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London

We are waiting to update our computers hoping for a September or October release, does that seem likely?

I couldnt find the "macbook pro expected release date" subforum/thread so I posted here, Mods feel free to move it.

Late 2010? :D

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
MBPs have been updated in 8-9 months so there is a great chance that it will be early 2011. I just wish they wait and use Sandy Bridge and don't update them with old chips just before the release of SB

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London
MBPs have been updated in 8-9 months so there is a great chance that it will be early 2011. I just wish they wait and use Sandy Bridge and don't update them with old chips just before the release of SB

Like Apple are gonna jump to using new architecture straight away, pfft :rolleyes:

They won't put Sandy bridge in anything until at least mid 2011

stefan1975

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
i think it is about time for the: "[Sticky] [Official] *Still* waiting for arrandale MBP13 thread"

whenever that will be. I am still waiting for those to appear, although i have almost ordered a mid2010 version about a kazillion times now, always emptying my basket at the last moment.

FnuGk

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2009
i think it is about time for the: "[Sticky] [Official] *Still* waiting for arrandale MBP13 thread"

whenever that will be. I am still waiting for those to appear, although i have almost ordered a mid2010 version about a kazillion times now, always emptying my basket at the last moment.

i dont think we will se a 13" with arrandale. my guess is they will wait for sandy bridge or maybe do the jump to AMD and use one of their Lliano fusion cpu's.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Seeing the current ones are the Mid 2010 MacBook Pros there won't be a Late 2010 MacBook Pro.

NityanandaSCSM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Darn. I hope it happens anyway but you have successfully killed my dreams.
What about this comment from the before mentioned thread:

"70 days 'til average refresh and 10 months for longest refresh so between November-February"

November doesn't seem like a possibility?

CaoCao

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010

hypothetically Apple may update it as early as November, however it is more likely to be February

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Nobody wants 133MHz CPU bump when you have an option for totally new micro-architecture with much more significant performance increase

True, but if it's between a 2.66 i7 and a 2.8 i7, it's more than a 133 MHz bump in speed--it's a LOT more refined/optimized silicon in the 2.8, since Intel themselves have said they have a lot more work to do with the silicon in the current core iX line. The 2.8 would be worth the wait over the 2.66 for that.

Apple generally updates every 8 or so months, but don't discount the small speed bumps they occasionally do mid-cycle in those eight months; this means we are about due for that 2.8 GHz chip as soon as Intel starts putting them out for sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.