When are the late 2010 Macbook Pros expected to release?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NityanandaSCSM, Aug 25, 2010.

  1. NityanandaSCSM macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2010
    #1
    It was last updated in April, 2010.

    Have there been any rumors I missed?
    We are waiting to update our computers hoping for a September or October release, does that seem likely?




    I couldnt find the "macbook pro expected release date" subforum/thread so I posted here, Mods feel free to move it.
     
  2. celticpride678

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #2
    Who said that there are going to be Late 2010 MacBook Pro's?

    There haven't been any rumors yet.
     
  3. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

    01jamcon

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #3
    Late 2010? :D
     
  4. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #4
    MBPs have been updated in 8-9 months so there is a great chance that it will be early 2011. I just wish they wait and use Sandy Bridge and don't update them with old chips just before the release of SB
     
  5. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

    01jamcon

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #5
    Like Apple are gonna jump to using new architecture straight away, pfft :rolleyes:

    They won't put Sandy bridge in anything until at least mid 2011
     
  6. Heilage macrumors 68030

    Heilage

    Joined:
    May 1, 2009
    #6
    I think January/February 2011 if they keep the pattern.
     
  7. animan macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2010
    #7
  8. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #8
    Nobody wants 133MHz CPU bump when you have an option for totally new micro-architecture with much more significant performance increase
     
  9. fcortese macrumors demi-god

    fcortese

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2010
    Location:
    Big Sky country
    #9
    +1
     
  10. elpmas macrumors 68000

    elpmas

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Location:
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    #10
    i say early 2011 :D
    right now is the time for ipods/itv :D
     
  11. iggypod macrumors 6502a

    iggypod

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
  12. Sneakz macrumors 65816

    Sneakz

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    #12
    2011 for sure. What we have now is it for 2010. Whether it'll be early or mid 2011, no clue.
     
  13. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    #13
    i think it is about time for the: "[Sticky] [Official] *Still* waiting for arrandale MBP13 thread"

    whenever that will be. I am still waiting for those to appear, although i have almost ordered a mid2010 version about a kazillion times now, always emptying my basket at the last moment.
     
  14. FnuGk macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    #14

    i dont think we will se a 13" with arrandale. my guess is they will wait for sandy bridge or maybe do the jump to AMD and use one of their Lliano fusion cpu's.
     
  15. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #15
    Seeing the current ones are the Mid 2010 MacBook Pros there won't be a Late 2010 MacBook Pro.
     
  16. ccashman92 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    #16
    More like Late 2011 or 2012.
     
  17. Kavier macrumors 6502a

    Kavier

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2010
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
  18. NityanandaSCSM thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2010
    #18
    Darn. I hope it happens anyway but you have successfully killed my dreams.
    What about this comment from the before mentioned thread:

    "70 days 'til average refresh and 10 months for longest refresh so between November-February"

    November doesn't seem like a possibility?
     
  19. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    #19
    hypothetically Apple may update it as early as November, however it is more likely to be February
     
  20. puma1552 macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    #20
    True, but if it's between a 2.66 i7 and a 2.8 i7, it's more than a 133 MHz bump in speed--it's a LOT more refined/optimized silicon in the 2.8, since Intel themselves have said they have a lot more work to do with the silicon in the current core iX line. The 2.8 would be worth the wait over the 2.66 for that.

    Apple generally updates every 8 or so months, but don't discount the small speed bumps they occasionally do mid-cycle in those eight months; this means we are about due for that 2.8 GHz chip as soon as Intel starts putting them out for sale.
     
  21. BJNY macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2002
    Location:
    New York City
    #21
    I would buy 2.8GHz refresh IF it also got an IPS display.
     
  22. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    #22
    IIRC the MBPs are too thin for IPS
     

Share This Page