When Are the new iMacs/desktops coming?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kennedda, Jun 4, 2012.

1. kennedda macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have two iMac desktops that need upgrading and one needs to be upgraded to work with iCloud. It is very frustrating that new product has not been introduced after 13 months. Is it time to go over to Windows and use your iPhone and iPads on Windows? Does Mac care about traditional users? :mad:

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Most people here would be terribly surprised if we don't hear something next Monday.

3. IPlayFair macrumors member

A little spoiled are we.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Patience is a virtue!

5. Crazy82 macrumors member

Not enught threads on this subjekt?!

6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

They need upgrading? WELL THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?

I'll email Tim Cook right away!

7. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

I'm no one to criticise Apples policy regarding announcements, but I'm closer to settling for a Windows box than I would like to be.
    Being left in the dark for so long is incredibly frustrating.

And having to wait until all current iMac stocks are depleted is not something I'm very fond of, either.

Please keep the "if you're unhappy, buy elsewhere" replies to a minimum. ;)

8. Stolz25 macrumors member

At this point don't expect anything until WWDC. If that comes and goes with no announcement I'm going to be unhappy as well.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I don't believe the waiting for depleted stock thing. They are incredibly controlling when it comes to tapering down production. They're a little past a year on something that is basically updated once a year, possibly because Intel was a little slower in getting things out this round. I think after the problems with the sandy bridge launch, Intel is being cautious.

10. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Great?

What exactly do you expect as far as responses? Purchase that Windows Box, and see if you enjoy it, you might save yourself some money and, evidently, stress.

11. IamMarcoPolo macrumors member

if it comes and goes without an announcement i may just build myself a beastly windows desktop, im sick of being kept in the dark like this, yes keep the customers excited and anticipating what is going to come - but keeping secrets to long is just going to pee customers off imo

12. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

It hasn't this far.

13. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

You may have missed the ;) afterwards.

I'm stating my dislike. Can I?

14. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

What does winky-face mean these days?

15. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Yes it has!! This forum is full of people complaining about being kept in the dark! And be it right or wrong, they are entitled to do that.

As a side note, people should also feel free and able to post negative comments about Apple, but it seems that that ain't allowed here without fanboys attacking...pathetic!

16. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

They have the right to do as they please.
    Me, as a client, have the right to feel frustrated by it.

I'm a newcomer to the community (and this site), but may I ask what is the reason Apple is so secretive about new announcements?
    Keeping customers on their toes?

----------

Basically, I was sort-of joking.

17. Slow Programmer macrumors regular

I have not been keeping up, but do other companies such as HP announce when new models are coming or do they just appear one day? Do people really care when HP is going to announce new models?

18. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Fella, I've said my fair share of non-positive things about Apple, this, however, just becomes irritating when you read the same "Well I'm just going to go and buy a PC" crap, time after time after time. Smashing. Go down to PC World, and carry out that threat -- and then in 6 months, when that's broken, buy yourself the computer you should've gotten in the first place. (SHOULD ADD, I'M NOT SERIOUS)

----------

In that case my friend, I apologise and retract my statement.

19. Dadioh macrumors 65816

Dadioh

I think that the basic premise is to protect current sales by not announcing too far ahead of actual availability. If they had announced 2 months ago that ivy bridge iMacs would be released on June x then what would that do to current sales of iMac? I don't think it is unique to Apple but maybe they are just able to keep the lid on leaks better than others. Pure business IMHO.

20. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Please stop these ridiculous threads. Too many on the same subject. OP should have his posting abilities temporarily banned.

21. New Apple macrumors regular

never, the world ends tomorrow.
    sorry

22. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

I'm joking because, obviously, if I want something I won't back down just because of a larger wait.
    But it's frustrating and, I'm sure, less patience potential users may give up.

----------

The main difference is that most companies have alternatives (you can buy another and use the same OS) and/or announce products in shorter time frames.

23. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

The answer is in 12 out of 16 of the other threads on this subject.

HTH, HAND.

24. radiohed macrumors regular

If Apple doesn't announce new macs within the next five years, I might switch over to windows! :rolleyes: What is a traditional user? Apple is likely to announce some products next week that will make us all drool :p