When Are the new iMacs/desktops coming?

kennedda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Hi
I have two iMac desktops that need upgrading and one needs to be upgraded to work with iCloud. It is very frustrating that new product has not been introduced after 13 months. Is it time to go over to Windows and use your iPhone and iPads on Windows? Does Mac care about traditional users? :mad:

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Most people here would be terribly surprised if we don't hear something next Monday.

Comment

IPlayFair

macrumors member
May 12, 2012
Hi
I have two iMac desktops that need upgrading and one needs to be upgraded to work with iCloud. It is very frustrating that new product has not been introduced after 13 months. Is it time to go over to Windows and use your iPhone and iPads on Windows? Does Mac care about traditional users? :mad:
A little spoiled are we.

Comment

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Hi
Patience is a virtue!

Comment

Crazy82

macrumors member
May 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi
Not enught threads on this subjekt?!

Comment

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Nobody knows, as usual.
I'm no one to criticise Apples policy regarding announcements, but I'm closer to settling for a Windows box than I would like to be.
Being left in the dark for so long is incredibly frustrating.

And having to wait until all current iMac stocks are depleted is not something I'm very fond of, either.

Please keep the "if you're unhappy, buy elsewhere" replies to a minimum. ;)

Comment

Stolz25

macrumors member
May 14, 2012
I'm no one to criticise Apples policy regarding announcements, but I'm closer to settling for a Windows box than I would like to be.
At this point don't expect anything until WWDC. If that comes and goes with no announcement I'm going to be unhappy as well.

Comment

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010

And having to wait until all current iMac stocks are depleted is not something I'm very fond of, either.

I don't believe the waiting for depleted stock thing. They are incredibly controlling when it comes to tapering down production. They're a little past a year on something that is basically updated once a year, possibly because Intel was a little slower in getting things out this round. I think after the problems with the sandy bridge launch, Intel is being cautious.

Comment

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Great?

What exactly do you expect as far as responses? Purchase that Windows Box, and see if you enjoy it, you might save yourself some money and, evidently, stress.

Comment

IamMarcoPolo

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2011
At this point don't expect anything until WWDC. If that comes and goes with no announcement I'm going to be unhappy as well.
if it comes and goes without an announcement i may just build myself a beastly windows desktop, im sick of being kept in the dark like this, yes keep the customers excited and anticipating what is going to come - but keeping secrets to long is just going to pee customers off imo

Comment

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2012
England
It hasn't this far.
Yes it has!! This forum is full of people complaining about being kept in the dark! And be it right or wrong, they are entitled to do that.

As a side note, people should also feel free and able to post negative comments about Apple, but it seems that that ain't allowed here without fanboys attacking...pathetic!

Comment

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
They have the right to do as they please.
Me, as a client, have the right to feel frustrated by it.

I'm a newcomer to the community (and this site), but may I ask what is the reason Apple is so secretive about new announcements?
Keeping customers on their toes?

----------

What does winky-face mean these days?
Basically, I was sort-of joking.

Comment

Slow Programmer

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
I have not been keeping up, but do other companies such as HP announce when new models are coming or do they just appear one day? Do people really care when HP is going to announce new models?

Comment

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Yes it has!! This forum is full of people complaining about being kept in the dark! And be it right or wrong, they are entitled to do that.

As a side note, people should also feel free and able to post negative comments about Apple, but it seems that that ain't allowed here without fanboys attacking...pathetic!
Fella, I've said my fair share of non-positive things about Apple, this, however, just becomes irritating when you read the same "Well I'm just going to go and buy a PC" crap, time after time after time. Smashing. Go down to PC World, and carry out that threat -- and then in 6 months, when that's broken, buy yourself the computer you should've gotten in the first place. (SHOULD ADD, I'M NOT SERIOUS)

----------

They have the right to do as they please.
Me, as a client, have the right to feel frustrated by it.

I'm a newcomer to the community (and this site), but may I ask what is the reason Apple is so secretive about new announcements?
Keeping customers on their toes?

----------

Basically, I was sort-of joking.
In that case my friend, I apologise and retract my statement.

Comment

Dadioh

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
Canada Eh?
I have not been keeping up, but do other companies such as HP announce when new models are coming or do they just appear one day? Do people really care when HP is going to announce new models?
I think that the basic premise is to protect current sales by not announcing too far ahead of actual availability. If they had announced 2 months ago that ivy bridge iMacs would be released on June x then what would that do to current sales of iMac? I don't think it is unique to Apple but maybe they are just able to keep the lid on leaks better than others. Pure business IMHO.

Comment

Staindsoul

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
Please stop these ridiculous threads. Too many on the same subject. OP should have his posting abilities temporarily banned.

Comment

New Apple

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2012
Kristinestad
Hi

never, the world ends tomorrow.
sorry

Comment

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Fella, I've said my fair share of non-positive things about Apple, this, however, just becomes irritating when you read the same "Well I'm just going to go and buy a PC" crap, time after time after time. Smashing. Go down to PC World, and carry out that threat -- and then in 6 months, when that's broken, buy yourself the computer you should've gotten in the first place. (SHOULD ADD, I'M NOT SERIOUS)

----------

In that case my friend, I apologise and retract my statement.
I'm joking because, obviously, if I want something I won't back down just because of a larger wait.
But it's frustrating and, I'm sure, less patience potential users may give up.

----------

The main difference is that most companies have alternatives (you can buy another and use the same OS) and/or announce products in shorter time frames.

Comment

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
Hi
If Apple doesn't announce new macs within the next five years, I might switch over to windows! :rolleyes: What is a traditional user? Apple is likely to announce some products next week that will make us all drool :p

Comment