When are the next shipments coming?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Amnak, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Amnak macrumors 6502

I got off work at 5:30 got to BB before 6 they sold out in minutes. Are Best Buys Targets and Walmarts getting shipments randomly or do they know if there going to have them? I live in the NOVA are and everysingle place sold out in minutes. I read on some post that places are expecting more shipment tomorrow, why would they stagger it like this?

2. foodle macrumors 6502

Shipment amount and type seem pretty random. Our local Target got 5 64GB Verizon models. Had sold 3 by 8:30pm.

3. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

I would love to be in an area of low demand but there isnt an apple store that close by but 2 or 3 BB Walmart and Target around here and they all sold out, BB told me all they had left was 32 White Verzion :/

4. eff pc macrumors regular

No low demand areas suck! I am in one. Probably 50 people in the whole county trying to get one but they only had WiFi versions (I wanted 3G) and after the few 16GB and 32GB ones were sold just a bunch of 64GB Wifi iPad 2s laying around that no one wants because they can't afford them.

5. foodle macrumors 6502

Not so much low demand as mismatched type delivery. People in Target are most likely not looking for the top-end model. Those should have gone to the Apple store and Target should have gotten the 16GB WiFi models.

Although it does seem like the 64GB Verizon model is the least desirable one. Even our local Apple store still had some of those left, and the line at 5pm was probably over 100 people.

6. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

I wanted the 16gb Wifi, I almost need the 32 but i think i can squeeze another year out of a 16 before bothe my phone and iPad need to be 32gb, I think 64 works great if you mass storing/ replacing your Comp

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I feel for people with no apple stores. I knew Best Buy, Target and walmart would get the worst shipments ever.

8. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

I need to see if i can pupose one to my Mall its Kinda crazy that Potomac Mills dosent have one its the biggest outlet mall that now has legitimate stores in it. especially because the second closest apple store is the 1st store ever opened at Tyson's Corner