When are the upgraded Whitebooks coming to stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RogueVasion, May 29, 2009.

1. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

Well, as many of you may know, Apple bumped the specs on the white Macbook on their website. There was a slight HDD increase, processor jump, and ram speed bump.

Now, I love that Apple is doing this, but does anyone have a general idea of when these will be shipped to other B&M stores other than the Apple Store, such as Bestbuy?

The reason is because I can get 18 months no interest, but if I'm going to go out and buy the Macbook for $999, I'd rather wait until these enter stores (if they do).

Thanks in advance everyone! ;)

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It usually varies store-to-store. If it's a low volume store, it'll take longer until they clear out the existing 2.0ghz stock before they'll shelve the 2.13ghz model.

If you're in an area with Fry's, check the daily paper and see when they start advertising it, or even today's 5 page ad that they run on Fridays.

3. Sullycanpara macrumors newbie

I was speaking to a local Apple rep at a BB store up here in Canada, and when stores run out of stock of what they have of the "old" white Macbook, their stocks will not be replenished with "old" versions, but will be updated with the new white Macbooks. Depending on how quickly your local BB turns over stock, it could be a couple weeks, to a month or two.

Impressive spec bumps...now if only they'd upgrade them to an alu unibody, multi touch pad and LED backlit screen for the same price :)

Tim