When are you eligible for a upgrade?

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be any other iPhone 4 launch buyers responding. I'm off contract (AT&T) since June. Looking forward to getting the iPhone 6 and I'll be sure to have my iPhone 4 carrier unlocked first.

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
i have been eligible since 4/2/12 and that is very unlike me. i usually burn through upgrades like nothing but i tried to use some self discipline this time. i didnt get a 4s so i am pretty stoked for a new iphone

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
As a long time loyal AT&T customer, they grant me one upgrade per year.

Although I've also used Verizon nearly as long, they don't value their customers like AT&T does. Despite having several lines all with smartphones Verizon only wants the money. No breaks are given.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be any other iPhone 4 launch buyers responding. I'm off contract (AT&T) since June. Looking forward to getting the iPhone 6 and I'll be sure to have my iPhone 4 carrier unlocked first.
Another iPhone 4 launch buyer here. Skipped the 4S, so I'm looking forward to the new iPhone.

Gshox

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
I got my 4S under a new contract with Verizon in November of 2011. Therefore I am eligible for an upgrade 2 years from that in Nov of 2013. But I will def be looking to get the iPhone 5 so I was wondering if any of you had advice on convincing Verizon to let me upgrade early. I have the 64 gig model so although I'm a new customer I have already spent a lot of money with this company and will be extremely upset if they dont let me upgrade to the 5.

----------

Although I've also used Verizon nearly as long, they don't value their customers like AT&T does. Despite having several lines all with smartphones Verizon only wants the money. No breaks are given.

Thats awful to hear given my situation

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I got my 4S under a new contract with Verizon in November of 2011. Therefore I am eligible for an upgrade 2 years from that in Nov of 2013. But I will def be looking to get the iPhone 5 so I was wondering if any of you had advice on convincing Verizon to let me upgrade early. I have the 64 gig model so although I'm a new customer I have already spent a lot of money with this company and will be extremely upset if they dont let me upgrade to the 5.

----------

Thats awful to hear given my situation
I try to stay carrier neutral. Yet I must say that after twelve years with AT&T, I've experienced amazing service, great willingness to keep me happy if they've made a mistake, and outstanding connectivity.

Verizon has acted more like Apple, take it or leave it. Don't get me wrong, Apples customer service is great, but it's on the product side that Apple is so stubborn. In addition much like Apple, specials aside, over the long haul Verizon is always more expensive than AT&T.

I have chosen to use both concurrently simply because I'm addicted to having as many choices of smartphones as possible since I always have three or four to test / root / enjoy. Tech is my passion so it's a must have scenario.

That said, the other reason I can use both is the somewhat unusual fact that in my area the coverage is strong for each of them. If it wasn't then I'd end up just using the carrier with the best coverage.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007

AT&T stopped granting one year upgrades over a year ago. Doesn't matter how long or how much money u give them anymore. They aren't going to move people's upgrades either. Verizon AT&T and even sprint stopped their one year upgrades all last year

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
AT&T stopped granting one year upgrades over a year ago. Doesn't matter how long or how much money u give them anymore. They aren't going to move people's upgrades either. Verizon AT&T and even sprint stopped their one year upgrades all last year
I'm well aware of this fact. It's the reason that I've kept my AT&T account active for twelve consecutive years & Verizon for eight concurrently. It pays handsomely to be a loyal customer. Long before it was fashionable to have a smartphone, I've been buying & enjoying most of the latest phones direct from a vendor in Hong Kong. AT&Ts biggest advantage for me is GSM, that enabled me to try nearly any phone in the world.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I'm well aware of this fact. It's the reason that I've kept my AT&T account active for twelve consecutive years & Verizon for eight concurrently. It pays handsomely to be a loyal customer. Long before it was fashionable to have a smartphone, I've been buying & enjoying most of the latest phones direct from a vendor in Hong Kong. AT&Ts biggest advantage for me is GSM, that enabled me to try nearly any phone in the world.
We've had our AT&T account for 16 years and the earliest we've ever been allowed to upgrade is 18 months (which we still can).

I've been eligible for a while. I have a 4. So, I'm just waiting on the new one to hit the site. Spousal unit as well (though this will be his first iPhone).

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
On T-Mobile, can upgrade now but waiting to see if we officially get the iPhone.

If not then I'll just get the new one unlocked and off contract this fall after T-Mobile finishes making their network iPhone compatible. I've been with AT&T before with my iPhones but they cost way too much for the service they offer. Never will go to a CDMA carrier either. I'll hang on to this nice deal I got going with T-Mo right now.