When are you expecting to see the iPad 2 in stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by elizabethjane, Feb 25, 2011.

1. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Who knows but the UK will get it a good few months after the US. :(

2. ufkdo macrumors 6502

3. elizabethjane thread starter macrumors member

elizabethjane

I hope so. My mother surprised me today by purchasing me an iPad ( I guess I talk too much about it. lol.) I only have 15 days to return/exchange.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Why do you say that? Wouldn't it be the same time?

5. elizabethjane thread starter macrumors member

elizabethjane

6. Austin00 macrumors member

I've asked this before in the front page forum and no one bothered speculating... Too busy shouting at each other over specs.

I honestly and truly believe that the iPad will be available a day or two after the event.

Think about it this way, how often has apple announced a upgraded product and not made it available almost immediately. I know, iPhone, but that relies on other companies collaboration to sell iPhones, as a carrier is required. Apple dont like telling masses of people (i.e. carrier's employee's) ahead of a product launch about unreleased gadgets, so that week or so is for AT&T to get their staff clued up on whats happening.

It would be madness to not have this product available as soon as, because current sales of 1st gen products would plummet.

Ipod touches, ipods, macbooks and MBP's all get releases almost instantly in most cases. Obviously iPad1 could afford the delay in the initial launch because theres nothing competing, or was currently available for you to buy otherwise.

I am expecting the next iPad to be out on thursday for me to go to an apple store to pick up and take home. And will be very surprised if it takes apple longer than a week from announcement to release the thing.

(this is a x-post from another thread in this forum.)

If anyone can give me reason to think otherwise, 3rd march at 9am it is!

7. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I believe that the iPad will be available for preorder immediately, with general availability by the end of March.

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Yes, but it appears that Apple has already put the brakes on production of the current iPad and supplies have been dwindling, so I'm not sure they're all that concerned about current sales (they have the best handle on how to deal with it).

9. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Wait until the new one is announced. If iPad2 has new features you like, return what you have and just wait for the new one to become available to exchange. I think the Apple store will be understanding. Otherwise, just enjoy your gift !